Friday, October 17, 2008

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion June 23, 1996

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion June 23, 1996
Log by Participant


AFNomad: GFSbud--no, I'm new to this
AFNomad: John RhoadesII, Bertie Co, NC died 1808
AFNomad: oops! John Rhoades II was born in Bertie Co., NC,
died 1808 , Smith Co.,Tenn
AFNomad: Kathy-Rhoades in Smith Co.,TN and Tarrant Co., and
Jacksboro TX
AFNomad: Thanks, Bud. nite.


Amb1050: Henry Rhodes, Frederick County MD, d. 1809
Amb1050: Another line - Lydia Rhodes b. 1819 m. Jeremiah Kieffer
Amb1050: My Lydia Rhodes was from Franklin Co, PA- may have some
connection to Somerset Co.


BarMarj: My Rhoades are in Sc, To MS, and eventually to TX-mostly
Gonzales Co
BarMarj: Mary Margaret (Polly) Rhoades b may 10 1788 in Charleston
SC M. Jeremiah Russell
BarMarj: Does anyone have information that Rhodes was originally
"Roth" from Germany?
BarMarj: Haleaton, yes I have seen where the family was Roth when
they left England after fleeing Germany fearing religious persecution
BarMarj: Kim Louise , Not sure
BarMarj: Info comes from " A History of Rankin Co. MS" They were
fleeing persecution by Catholic Church
BarMarj: KathyP8 My Rhoades are in TX
BarMarj: Milledge Webster (Mack)Rhoades m. Martha Anne Steen
DeWitt Co TX 1870


CRhoads112: I can trace my entire lineage back to Amityville,Pa
circa 1750, but i can't find my country of origin
CRhoads112: Samuel Rhoads Amityville,Pa born 1752 d.1802
CRhoads112: Sure I'll Copy the Rhoads's
CRhoads112: Any Rhoads Amityville, PA 1770-1900
CRhoads112: Berks
CRhoads112: About 2 miles from Dabiel Boone's Homestead
CRhoads112: Daniel
CRhoads112: My Rhoads's are UCC
CRhoads112: My ancestral cemetary has 351 Rhoads headstones and
I can't find 1 relative
CRhoads112: I went to a family reunion on a whim, a Rhoads family
reunion and i could not find one link
CRhoads112: I really think my Rhoads's are Irish, that would be
odd wouldn't it
CRhoads112: The one buried in Amityville or the family reunion
CRhoads112: It wasn't my family reunion alas i have no family,
but it was a Rhoads reunion i just went to see if i could find common
ancestral heritage
CRhoads112: In the area i live in the Rhoads's outnumber the Smith's
in the phone book
CRhoads112: Anybody have a Rhoads that married a Shirey or a Hoffman
in ther family? sorry ancestry
CRhoads112: Walton Stetler Rhoads 1861-1932????
CRhoads112: Anybody ever hear of the Rhoads Opera House fire of
1908 in Boyertown ,PA
CRhoads112: The doors opened in, ring any bells
CRhoads112: Seriously look up the Rhoads Opera House fire it killed
171 people in 1908
CRhoads112: it was the tradgedy that caused the federal government to
make it law that doors in public places open outward
CRhoads112: No Boyertown,PA where the Rhoads's outnumber the trees
CRhoads112: Oh but if your interested it has a large write up in
the original Book of Lists
CRhoads112: GFS bud: are you familiar with the Rhoads Opera House Fire


Haleaton: RHOADS (Roth) - Selinsgrove, PA
Haleaton: Capt. Franz Wilhelm Roth (RHOADS) of Selingsgrove, PA, ~1780
Haleaton: FRANZ WILHELM ROTH (RHOADS), Rev War Soldier, Selinsgrove,PA
Haleaton: I remember seeing several RHOADS families that were
originall ROTH
Haleaton: Franz Wilhem RHOADS (Roth) b. 1746 Salisbury, PA married
Hannah ?
Haleaton: Sister Rebecca Ann & Hannah Catherine RHOADS m. Abraham
Close HODGE (Early LDS)
Haleaton: Thanks, Bud.


JBlake5313: My Rhodes are Harrison Co, IN 1800's-


KathyP8: Hi! am looking for James Washington Rhoads b 1846 d 1912,
married Ella Magnolia White b 1868 d 1912 TN
KathyP8: William G. Rhodes b circa 1813 Tennessee, Also James
Washington Rhoads, b circa 1846 TN !
KathyP8: Kim--any chance your William Rhodes is same as mine?
Wife's name was Ellen/Ellener/Eleanor
KathyP8: My Jas W. Rhoads married Ella Magnolia White, gdau
of Wm. G. Rhodes. So I've got 2 confusing lines!
KathyP8: Any Tenn or Texas Rhoads out there?
KathyP8: My Rhoads moved to Texas from TN and then back to
Tenn circa 1895
KathyP8: I've got some recent Arkansas Rhoads
KathyP8: All seem to be clustered around Western TN-Dyersburg,
Haywood & Crockett Co. Blytheville ARKansas
KathyP8: All Mississippi County Ark as far as I know, and
fairly recent-1900-1920. Still have some in Marked Tr
KathyP8: Sounds like a Yankee to me!
KathyP8: LaFine-I have an Andrew Jackson Rhoads 1901-1970?
and 3 dau: Bobbie, Jimmie Ann, Tommy Lou Jane and 1 son, Mack,
married to a woman named Johnnie.
KathyP8: Who were parents?
KathyP8: LaFine, thanks-no connection that I know of
KathyP8: I hope you dont mean as in the Frog! Not that I know of.
KathyP8: My AJ Rhoads was born Nov 1901 nr Dyersburg TN, died
about 1970 nr Marked Tree Ark
KathyP8: Kim-interesting dying before you're born! I expect
you mean 1975-this is certainly in the ball park!
KathyP8: AJ was my gr uncle and I knew him, just cant remember
when he died-on a hunting trip somewhere
KathyP8: Parents were aforementioned JW Rhoads and Ella White.
My Gmother was his only survivng sister
KathyP8: No, he was still living in Marked Tree. Son still
lives there


KimLouise: GFS, thanks for the posts in some of the other
message boards. That's how I found you.
KimLouise: Tom, I have Rhodes in Rusk and Harris Co's in Texas.
KimLouise: Tom, I don't have the spouses of all my Rhodes.
However, I know they ended up in CA. TX was an 8 year stop over for
my Rhodes family.
KimLouise: William C. Rhodes, b. Mar 1817, Knox (?) Co., TN. d.
abt 1888 CA or AZ when hit by a train.
KimLouise: Haleaton, Barmarj was asking about Rhoads being
Roth in Gmerany. You might be able to help.
KimLouise: Kathy - no, my William married Sarah Rebecca Douglass
in 1848. Oh well! :(
KimLouise: What religion Bar?.
KimLouise: My TX Rhodes are theire from 1848 to about 1856.
KimLouise: My Rhodes first real record is a marriage in McMinn
Co, TN. This is actually his wife's birthplace...
KimLouise: ..At this point, I assume my Rhodes is from eastern TN.
KimLouise: Kathy, do you know where your Andrew Jackson Rhoads
was born or died? there is one Andrew Rhoads on the Social Security
death index, birthdate 22 Nov 1901, died Scioto Co, Ohio in 1
KimLouise: Kathy, have you tried writing for death certificate
on AJ (or do you already know his parents)?...
KimLouise: ...I cannot type to save my life tonight! Sorry, Kathy.
KimLouise: did AJ live in Ohio at time of death, even though he
was hunting in Ark?
KimLouise: Probably not the same one, then.
KimLouise: Thanks, Bud. Goodnight!


KVuris: Looking for Elija Rhodes in Texas 1870s; from Arkansas.
KVuris: Can I get the Arkansas Rhoads info.? Sometimes spelled that way.
KVuris: Unfortunately, have to sign off. Please contact me if you
have any glimmer of information; I've zip.


LaFineD: Henry Rhoads Sr. 1708-1774 born Germany buried Ursina PA
LaFineD: Did anyone go to the Reunion.
LaFineD: KathyP where in AR
LaFineD: How about Paragould
LaFineD: We have a several in that area. We are also Watson
and McCrackins in that area
LaFineD: Kathy I have a Andrew Jackson Rhoads who died in 1901
LaFineD: Riley Rhoads and Nancy Jones
LaFineD: Kathy are you related to Kermit
LaFineD: Night


LayneHouse: James B. Rhodes, died circa civil war, AL or GA.
Widow Martha E. Rhodes b 1825 Georgia
LayneHouse: My Rhodes are in Texas after 1880.
LayneHouse: Goodnight, Bud. Thank you.


PARSONSCR: My gr-gr-grandfather was Alexander Rhodes from Mo.
PARSONSCR: Thank you


Pepb: Is anyone searching Rhodes in Hardin Co. KY?
Pepb: I think that my Daniel Pierce's parents may be John Pierce
who married Sarah (Sally) Rhodes.
Pepb: GFS bud: Did you really mean 1600? My Daniel Pierce was on
the 1850 census in Hart Co. KY.
Pepb: GFS bud: Do you know of a Jacob Rhoads/Rhodes in Hardin
Co. KY? Where did the Rhoads live before KY?
Pepb: GFS bud: Thanks. I've seen references to Rhoads in PA, NJ
and NY---and all came to KY.
Pepb: GFS bud: Thanks.


RRCrockett: Joesph Adelbert RHODES, b c1792 RI>PA(McKean Co,
1830)>NY(Wyoming Co, by 1860). What are the names of his older children?
RRCrockett: Joseph Adelbert RHODES, born about 1792 in RI went
to McKean County PA by 1830
RRCrockett: What is Paul L. RHODES middle name? b:27 OCT 1824 PA
d:11JUL 1904 SD
RRCrockett: My Joseph Adelbert RHODES m: Lydia PALMER how many
kids did they have in PA?
RRCrockett: CRhoads112 what county is Amityville in?
RRCrockett: CRhoads112 is Berks in the lower part of PA and to
the eastern side?
RRCrockett: CRhoads112: ouch
RRCrockett: Clay, are you SURE you belong to this RHOADS family?
RRCrockett: One of Joseph Adelbert RHODES' sons, Paul, mar
Elizabeth CHAFFEE, anyone know when and where?


TomVCC: MAYRANT, IRBY, RHODES (Amarillo, TX 1880-)
TomVCC: Kim> My grandmother was Tobitha Irby. I believe her mother
was a Rhodes.
TomVCC: RHODES and IRBY, TX 1860 on.


No comments: