Friday, October 17, 2008

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Reunion March 25th 2001

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Reunion March 25th 2001

Log by Participant

Aveasey: <~~~~~ , I am in Caldwell,ID

Aveasey: John F. Rhoads, Berks, PA 1801,
Aveasey: That is strange Jamie98
Aveasey: My Rhoades family tied up with The Winters
Aveasey: Bud what is your Susanna's brith date
Aveasey: Bud I will have to go to my mothers and look at her Winters photo album but we may have a
Aveasey: connection. There were picture from both sides and the name Susanna rings bells also
Aveasey: Elizabeth
Aveasey: RHOADS, WINTERS, RICKARD, HUMM, HARMAN, LUTZ
Aveasey: NO WHAT MAILING LIST?
Aveasey: Is that on Roots Web, Bud?
Aveasey: Thanks Bud, I will let you know what I find at Mom's in the Winters album

DJAMIE98: <~~~~~Shoreline, WA, near Seattle
DJAMIE98: Hello, all you Rhoades/Rhodes researchers
DJAMIE98: Hello
DJAMIE98: Right. I had to sign on again.
DJAMIE98: Are we giving our earliest Rhoades ancestor again?
DJAMIE98: My earliest Rhodes ancestor is Otho Rhodes, born 1840
DJAMIE98: at Dents Mill, Morgantown, VA, now WVA
DJAMIE98: I've had some contact with Rhodes descendants in Alva, OK
DJAMIE98: Hello, Dusti Gen
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes, as far as I know, next appeared in Burlington, Iowa
DJAMIE98: around 1860 and enlisted in the Union Army. But, he served with an Illinois regiment
DJAMIE98: Oh, by the way, I'm calling in from Shoreline, WA, near Seattle
DJAMIE98: Hello Polskie WI!
DJAMIE98: Yes, Otho is an interesting name
DJAMIE98: Bud, I'll want to know more about that Daniel Rhodes and the Burlington, IA, connection
DJAMIE98: Decided to try a little "colour" here. Am looking at a US map.
DJAMIE98: My earliest Rhodes ancestor is Otho Rhodes, born 1840, in Dents Mill, Morgantown, WVA

DJAMIE98: For what it's worth, in Kaiserslautern, Germany, Hans Roth sells Volvo cars.
DJAMIE98: We had many conversations about his name when we lived there in the mid-1980's.
DJAMIE98: We joked that we were cousins. Maybe we are!
DJAMIE98: Aveasey--My Grandfather George E. Rhoades, born in Burlington, IA, 1870, homesteaded
DJAMIE98: near Soda Springs, Idaho, around 1905. Some of the extended familiy moved to Caldwell, ID

DJAMIE98: Using family surnames for first names can certainly be interesting
DJAMIE98: RHODES/RHOADES, WILLIAMSON
DJAMIE98: SPELMAN, WALKER, BOWERS, LEWIS, MCKINNEY, WADDELL, POTTER
DJAMIE98: JAMIESON
DJAMIE98: It's been great seeing all of the chat this evening. I need to sign off for now. Thanks,
DJAMIE98: Bud, for organizing this special forum. Bye for now. dj

Dusti Gen: <~~~~~~~ Boston, MA
Dusti Gen: Hello everyone.
Dusti Gen: Sorry I'm late.
Dusti Gen:
I'm still still looking for Michael RHODES born about 1812 SOMEPLACE in PA
Dusti Gen: Have any of you tripped over him?
Dusti Gen: Roger, your Otho may be connected to some of those RHODES in Pulaski Co. IN
Dusti Gen: I ran into some of your relatives there and it is right next door.
Dusti Gen: Too bad we can't connect Roger.
Dusti Gen: Michael RHODES b. 1812 in PA; died in Pulaski Co. IN Apr 1863. He's my gr-gr-grandfather &
Dusti Gen: my brickwall. I live in Boston MA althought I grew up in Northern Indiana
Dusti Gen: Yes, and I'm trying to convince my son not to name a daughter Madison because neither side
Dusti Gen: is connected to that family.
Dusti Gen: Are you SURE you don't have a Micheal RHODES in among your branches?
Dusti Gen: RHODES, KNISS, BURKET, LUSHER, FINK, SKILLEN, HARTMAN, MOWRY, FREY, HALL, ENGLISH in USA
Dusti Gen: HOPKINS, JONES, DAVIES/DAVIS in Wales; HOPKINS, REYNOLDS, WHATLEY, WALTERS, FLOWERDEW, CORK
Dusti Gen: in England
Dusti Gen: REDDALL in England also
Dusti Gen: I'm on the mailing list, too.
Dusti Gen: Thanks Bud. See you in the summer
Dusti Gen: Bye.

JoeKeR 63: <~~~~~~Cambria Co., Pa ...just north of somerset Co
JoeKeR 63: my earliest RHODES ancestor is way back....starting with Sarah RHODES--BALL born 1693
JoeKeR 63: as far as names researching otherwise....too many to name
JoeKeR 63: apparently Sarah was born in Plymouth township, Philadelphia Co., Pa
JoeKeR 63: and died in Berks Co., Pa
JoeKeR 63: d/o John and Hannah Wilcox--ROHDES
JoeKeR 63: have most of my RHODES ancestry but the maternal lines are a little shaky as far as the
JoeKeR 63: wilcox line and JESSUP lines
JoeKeR 63: any ideas on them?
JoeKeR 63: my line originates in England
JoeKeR 63: oh really?
JoeKeR 63: howdy
JoeKeR 63: so RHODES derived from ROTH?

MRho102474: <~~~~~Cleveland Ohio

MRho102474: same here, I just came on to check mail
MRho102474: My Rhoades comes from lincolnshire england
MRho102474: thanks

MRho102474: John Roads, 1715 Ashby-by-Partney Lincolnshire, England.
MRho102474: sorry to leave so early, crying kid....
MRho102474: good night

Polskie WI: <~~~~~Newport News,VA
Polskie WI: Is this the Rhodes reunion chat?
Polskie WI:
This is my first time in here. I can't believe I actually remembered!
Polskie WI: I am from the Eden Rhodes family out of Johnston county, NC
Polskie WI: Looking for parents/ siblings of Eden Rhodes, b. 1792 in Johnston,NC
Polskie WI: Polskie is here
Polskie WI: Eden Rhodes, Bentonville,Johnston,NC, b. 1792.
Polskie WI: Yes this is my first time in here
Polskie WI: First time I remembered when it was. :-)
Polskie WI: ok Bud, thanks.
Polskie WI: My Rhodes family sometimes gave their children two middle initials. Does anyone else have
Polskie WI: Rhodes family who did this?
Polskie WI: I haven't found anyone yet who knows what the initials stand for.
Polskie WI: RHODES,BRENT,HEATH,EVANS,THOMPSON,LEE,WEST,FLOWERS,CROCKER, PRICE, JOHNSON, INGRAM
Polskie WI: I DO
Polskie WI: RHODES-JORDAN,HOWELL,CARRAWAY, STAFFORD,MABEL,GRANTHAM,ROSE,BARBER
Polskie WI: CYA JAMIE
Polskie WI: I have to go now also. See you next time.

RRRhoads:<~~~~ is from Dayton OH
RRRhoads: Good t o "see" you. DE has good weatehr just now.
RRRhoads: Now that's a bad spell of weather!
RRRhoads: Brrrr! 42 as a high today with beautiful sky.
RRRhoads: George (ca 1745) and Arma Keila Roth/Rhodes, Woodbury Twp., Bedford Co., PA
RRRhoads: Hi, there!
RRRhoads: Bud, still looking from whence came my George to Bedford. had to be Wash., MD or Lanc., PA
RRRhoads: No "th" sound in german, so it was "Rote" or "Red"
RRRhoads: Roth still a very common name in Germany.
RRRhoads: Dusti, good to see ya.
RRRhoads: Geo. sons Philip, Jacob, George, Jr., Henry, Jacob go to Dayton, OH area 1810
RRRhoads: <-------- Hockessin, DE
RRRhoads: Intersting name "Otho". I have an Othoniel Rhodes b. in Fulton Co., IN 1843
RRRhoads: CAme up from Montgomery co., OH. in 1830-40's
RRRhoads: Good, Osswald, Fryman, Heisey, Herr, Warner, Rhodeheffer, Ruby, Erisman, Slade
RRRhoads: I do.
RRRhoads: Time for beauty sleep. Lord knows I need it. G'night

HOST GFS bud: <~~~~ is in DUBUQUE, IA

HOST GFS bud: Gidgetnwjc You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family
HOST GFS bud: Reunion. You are welcome to stay:)
HOST GFS bud: RRRhoads You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion.
HOST GFS bud: You are welcome to stay:)
HOST GFS bud: Hi RR _
HOST GFS bud: Hi Joe _
HOST GFS bud: Wind Chill here in Dubuque was -17 this morning -7 at 5 pm_
HOST GFS bud: JoeKeR 63 You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion.
HOST GFS bud: You are welcome to stay:)
HOST GFS bud: We did have some nice spring 40s and 50s during the week here
HOST GFS bud: Joe: What names are you researchin ?
HOST GFS bud: Joe: Do you know where ?
HOST GFS bud: <~~~ My Rhodes folk were in Bedford , later Somerset Co PA
HOST GFS bud: Wife and I have been in Somerset, Bedford, Harrisburg etc chasing my Rhoades/Rhodes kin _
HOST GFS bud: RR: Where did your line originate ?
HOST GFS bud: Hi Jamie _
HOST GFS bud: Joe: It appears a lot of the English Rhodes folk came by way of Rhode Island and Conn.
HOST GFS bud: Jamie: Glad you got here _
HOST GFS bud: Joe: My Rhodes was originally Roth in the area around Frederick MD .
HOST GFS bud: Jamie: Have you had any luck with your research of late ?
HOST GFS bud: Joe: We think the German was even originally ROT.


HOST GFS bud: RR: My Roth ancester became Rhoades after he moved from Frederick
HOST GFS bud: Co MD to Bedford Co PA in 1763
HOST GFS bud: Dusti Gen You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion.
HOST GFS bud: You are welcome to stay:)
HOST GFS bud: Dusti: No problem:) Where are you callin in from?

HOST GFS bud: Jamie: A Daniel Rhodes who died in 1835 in Edgard Co ILL left property
HOST GFS bud: in the Burlington IA area. Two years after Ia was opened to whites.
HOST GFS bud: MRho102474 You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family
HOST GFS bud: Reunion. You are welcome to stay:)
HOST GFS bud: In a few minutes we will ask that that you hold your comments while each one
HOST GFS bud: tells us where they are from and who their oldest known ancestor was and
HOST GFS bud: where they were located and about when:) Let me call on you in turn when we
HOST GFS bud: start that.
HOST GFS bud: Bud got booted _
HOST GFS bud: Can we statr again on the query ?
HOST GFS bud: Aveasey ?
HOST GFS bud: Jamie ?
HOST GFS bud: Jamie; Give me you info again
HOST GFS bud: Dusti ?
HOST GFS bud: MRho ?
HOST GFS bud: Polskie ?
HOST GFS bud: HEINREEK RHOADES, Frederick Co, Md and Bedford Co PA in 1700rds. I am in Dubuque, Iowa
HOST GFS bud: Polskie: Who were your oldest Us ancestors and
HOST GFS bud: where were they and where are you located ?
HOST GFS bud: Thanks Polskie:) First time here ?

HOST GFS bud: My Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page URL is
HOST GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
HOST GFS bud: The log willl be up loaded to that page. Look at the
HOST GFS bud: Search files from that page for possible matches.
HOST GFS bud: Send me a direct line profile of your Rhoades etc ancestry
HOST GFS bud: and I will add it to the files.

HOST GFS bud: Polskie: My first name is Rhodes. I never knew why
HOST GFS bud: til I found my ggg grand mother was a Susanna
HOST GFS bud: Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: Aveasey: An Elizabeth Winters, born in Cumberland
HOST GFS bud: Md married my G-grandfather Jacob Isenhart
HOST GFS bud: Ave: lemme look _
HOST GFS bud: Ave; Susanna was born in Bedford Co PA in 1779

HOST GFS bud: When we ask for a ROLLCALL, send us your list of
HOST GFS bud: surnames you are researching like so: ISENHART,
HOST GFS bud: RHODES, GILBERT, WINTER, OTTINGER, JOSI,
HOST GFS bud: SCHRIVER, DUFFY, MCGINTY, DRISCOLL, DONOVAN,
HOST GFS bud: BUCKLEY, CATIGAN, BURKE
HOST GFS bud: Lets post the names in a ROLL CALL

HOST GFS bud: Do You all subscribe to the Rhodes Mailing list?
HOST GFS bud: Also on RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS page you will find
HOST GFS bud: instructions to subscribe to the Rhodes List Server where
HOST GFS bud: you can leave queries and questions for all Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: Researchers on that list and receive all the messages
HOST GFS bud: posted to that list.
HOST GFS bud: No Ave: I will E-Mail you how to subscribe and get all the messages
HOST GFS bud: Night Jamie: Glad you could come tonight

HOST GFS bud: My Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page URL is
HOST GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
HOST GFS bud: The log willl be up loaded to that page. Look at the
HOST GFS bud: Search files from that page for possible matches.
HOST GFS bud: Send me a direct line profile of your Rhoades etc ancestry
HOST GFS bud: and I will add it to the files.
HOST GFS bud: Thanks for coming tonight:) The log will be sent out
HOST GFS bud: shortly. The next On Line meeting will be on Sunday,
HOST GFS bud: June 24th 2001. Hope to see you all there. Have a great
HOST GFS bud: SPRING !!!
HOST GFS bud: Regards, HOST
HOST GFS bud: GFS bud. (Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.)
HOST GFS bud: and
HOST GFS bud: BUDI@AOL.com

No comments: