Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION June 22nd, 1997

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION

June 22nd, 1997

Log by Participant

BASchroede: Was going to post your request, Fran.  You beat me to it!
BASchroede: Fran, yes. I found an older request that spelled it GRIFF.
BASchroede: Still missing generation between Rachel Rhodes/Henry
Ringler and her grandparents, Gabriel/R
BASchroede: earliest Rhoads = Hendreek Roth b.1686 Rhodth,
Germany d. 1747 Euphrata, PA
BASchroede: Judy, there's a Debbie in south Michigan. Get her address
from Bud.


DTGilesJr: My RHODES from N.C. settled Butler Co.,Ala.


DUSTYAR: Hello Bud, DustyAR here
DUSTYAR: Medford, NJ, My great great geandfather ,William Rhoads
came from Hatboro, Pa.
DUSTYAR: The Rhoads version came from Philadelphia, lots of Rhoads
around here
DUSTYAR: The Rhodes, Rhoads, etc family crest originated in England
DUSTYAR: Anyone successful in tracing records prior to 1790 census?
DUSTYAR: William Rhoads, 1820, a farmer in Hatboro, Pa. near Phila.
DUSTYAR: Kujen, sounds like we have a connection in the Phila. area
DUSTYAR: Traced my gg grandfather to 1820 in the Hatboro area,
Moreland Twp. William Rhoads
DUSTYAR: Don't know prior to 1820, Presbyterians later
DUSTYAR: Catherine
DUSTYAR: Kujen, how did you trace records prior to census data?
DUSTYAR: The Pa. Historical Society in Phila. has some good
Rhoades/Rhoads data
DUSTYAR: Specific branches, but still hard to tie them together
prior to 1790(1st census)
DUSTYAR: Good Nite all - will stay in touch Kujen, name of wife
was Katherine


FranMP: Hi! Signing on from Santa Ana, CA Still looking for any clues
re Susan Rhodes Cox who d
FranMP: In Iowa, maybe Winterset in June 1863 (d in Winterset IA.
FranMP: That is Susan Rhodes Cox
FranMP: In May of 1996 a DF GIFF said they had Rhodes in Winterset.
Could not email them. Help
FranMP: Thanks I just found that out and maybe I was typing it in
incorrectly.
FranMP: My Susan- brothers Emmanuel and Henry. b PA>IL>IA
FranMP: Anyone else looking in Iowa?
FranMP: Have a nice trip to Germany - great time to go - and great
records if you get some.
FranMP: Has anyone found Rhodes on the World Family Tree CD? Not
documented
FranMP: but good for hints.
FranMP: Halmar45 - well, have you looked up the Rhodes on the disks?
FranMP: Halmar45 any one in Iowa?
FranMP: I don't have the disks but an email friend has them and I
just found that a local person has them too.
FranMP: So I can look for myself - just wondering :)
FranMP: All the information Ihave seen on the Rhoades is earlier than
my Rhodes and there dont seem to be any connections
FranMP: LaFineD - no I have not used Family Tree - think I'll have
some luck there?
FranMP: My one and only Rhodes: Susan b 18 Nov 1823 PA.IL>
d Jun 1856 in IA
FranMP: Just lookin' in at this point. Made a great email friend
here - BASchroeder.
FranMP: Does anyone know of a Rhoades newsletter - on paper that is?
FranMP: LaFineD can you email me the info on the newsletter?
FranMP: LaFineD Thanks
FranMP: COX, WILSON, GATES - all on the COX side
FranMP: La Fine D No TN connection any where, sorry.
FranMP: LaFineD - wish I did, I am stuck one generation back on my Coxes.
FranMP: I have found two of my families Petersen and Gates back
to the 1600 on aol - now Rhodes
FranMP: I mean now Rhodes?
FranMP: Good! Thanks Kujen. I will.
FranMP: Well, there are over 50 thousand Americans over 100 yrs!
Hope they are all spry!


Globeroam: Is this chat for English RHODES or others?
Globeroam: Are there ever any ROHDEs in here.?
Globeroam: Isn't RHODES RHOADES English?
Globeroam: I have German ROHDE, RHODE, RODE
Globeroam: I have been told the name is from Herod or Herodes
Globeroam: oopps.....Herodus?


Halmar46: Hiya Budi
Halmar46: Abilene Texas
Halmar46: I don't think so Budi
Halmar46: Of course I have a hard time remembering names LOL
Halmar46: Oh ok
Halmar46: Yea Grand Prarie is near Dallas
Halmar46: Im in West Texas
Halmar46: Dis is da place
Halmar46: thats too bad
Halmar46: I would like to go to Browder one day
Halmar46: GLOBE.... The name could be German as well or Irish
Halmar46: thats interesting Globe
Halmar46: Phillip RHODES b: abt 1827, probably Guilford Co., NC
Halmar46: Jacob RHOADS married Susan SKAGGS abt 1823, Grayson Co.,
KY I have Vol 1 through 7 FRAN
Halmar46: yes I have
Halmar46: I dont recall Iowa
Halmar46: Whom in Particular in Iowa FRAN ??
Halmar46: I use Family Origins, but I have Family Tree
Halmar46: I use family Tree for the database
Halmar46: Phillip RHODES b: abt 1827 probably Guilford Co., NC.,
lived in Smith and Putnam Co. TN 1850
Halmar46: -1880, Jacob Rhoads b abt 1800 ky
Halmar46: Jacob RHOADS, b: abt 1800 KY married Susan SKAGGS,
prob Grayson Co., KY
Halmar46: I have Ricard RHOADS AR
Halmar46: RHODES, RHOADS, MARSH, SKAGGS,
Halmar46: My Richard RHOADS was son of Jacob Rhoads and
Susan Skaggs, ( Macoupin Co., IL )
Halmar46: Richard Rhoads was living in Izard Co., AR and
later Fulton Co., AR in 1860-1870
Halmar46: Izard is North Central OZARKS
Halmar46: no
Halmar46: LaFineD: My Richard RHOADS next door neighbor in
1860 was William GRANT
Halmar46: both of my great Grandmothers were RHODES


Jackie z p: Hi Bud. Researching George Washington Rhodes
m. Martha Turner, 1831 in Orange Co., NC.
Jackie z p: Family ended up in Cape Girardeau Co, MO
Jackie z p: MOman, where in Cape area? Mine in small town
of Whitewater.
Jackie z p: MOman, sorry, haven't heard of it. how far from
city of cape g?
Jackie z p: MOman, just passed by Perryville on the expressway
last month on way to cape.
Jackie z p: George Wash. Rhodes m. Martha Turner 1831, Orange
Co, NC (kids=Wash Marion & Wm pinkney
Jackie z p: George Wash Rhodes/ Griffith/English/August/Scholz
/Lanpher (Cape girardeau co, MO
Jackie z p: a little late...did hook up with 3rd cousin who read
these transcripts & in turn found
Jackie z p: old cousin who my mom hadn't seen in 65 years.
had great visit with great info!
Jackie z p: thanks, bud for your web site!


JeanMLW: Looking for William M. Rhodes who settled in
White Co, TN. His daughter was Evey Rhodes
JeanMLW: Evey RHODES, b. 1 May 1797, NC, d. 25 Nov. 1860,
m. Wm. GRISSOM.


JudyVas: ChristianRhodes, b. 1827, m. in thetford Genesee Co.
MI 8/9/1857 to Sophronia Butler
JudyVas: Does anybody know anything about RHODES family
reunions held in MI in early 1900s???
JudyVas: My earliest is Christian Rhodes, b. 9/27/1827 m.
Sophronia R. Butler, Genesee Co. Michigan
JudyVas: Are there any Michigan or Nebraska Rhodes
descendants here??
JudyVas: thanks BASchroeder! I'll check w/Bud later.
JudyVas: Thanks for the meeting, Bud. Bye all you "Cousins",
Judy Warren Vasiliauskas, Colorado


Kinklector: Hi. I have a Rhodes in AL and MO.
Kinklector: Lazy--tell me more about those AL Rhodes.
Kinklector: The farthest back I go is Absalom RHODES b.
7 Jul 1815. Marr Sarah____. d. 15 Oct 1862....
Kinklector: ....Stone Co. MO. Killed by Alf Bolin, bushwhaker.
Kinklector: My Rhodes were on teh MO/AR boader....Stone, MO &
Carroll co, AR
Kinklector: DUNCAN, HEMBREE, RHODES, LOGAN, O'NEAL, JONES(Ha!)
Kinklector: Halmar--where is Izard co? Area of AR
Kinklector: Halmar--next to Carroll CO?
Kinklector: Halmar--rats
Kinklector: Bud--that AL Rhods guy has Rhodes in AR?
Kinklector: Jackie--WOW!!!
Kinklector: Mena--which states?
Kinklector: Mena--Oh. I'm not back that far yet :(
Kinklector: Fran--I think if you sign back on within 5 or
10 mins, it is saved.
Kinklector: Mena--do you Moses' children's names?
Kinklector: Mena--yes please. I wanna know if he had an Absalom


Kujen: 1684 Philadelphia from Derbyshire England
Kujen: John Rodes changed to Rhoads next generation
Kujen: Who would that be?
Kujen: Who is your earliest Dustyar
Kujen: Were they Quakers?
Kujen: What was William's wife's name?
Kujen: I found my husband's great grandfather on the internet
and with those connections
Kujen: I found someone in an earlier Rhoads chat area who
had more information
Kujen: What kind of data DustyAR?
Kujen: Dustyar when I find it I will email you web site where
I found Owen Rhoads
Kujen: Did you know name of wife?
Kujen: Fran Mp when you save this call it TWO so you
don't erase previous


LaFineD: Fran are you using Family Tree?
LaFineD: Halmar I have Family Origins and like it was
wondering about the Family Tree thing?
LaFineD: Hendreek Rhodt
LaFineD: Hendreek Rhodt b 1686 Germany d 1747 New Ephrata PA
LaFineD: Fran Yes there is one.
LaFineD: Yes.
LaFineD: Any RHOADS from Arkansas here tonight?
LaFineD: RHOADS, GRANT, WATSON MCCRACKIN
LaFineD: Fran any TN connection to your COX
LaFineD: WYN mine are from Hardeman
LaFineD: WYN have to look it up not connected to my Rhoads
but I have Bishops
LaFineD: WYN Cox, Bishop, King and Ingram all mine tooooooooo.
LaFineD: Acy Thomas Bishop
LaFineD: WYN yep you are right.
LaFineD: WYN definately
LaFineD: WYN Chellie Eva Ann
LaFineD: WYN she married William Bass
LaFineD: When was your william bass born
LaFineD: WYN Do you know Mag Bishop in Hardeman TN
LaFineD: Mag is over 100 years old. She is still pretty
spry and full of info.
LaFineD: WYN Mag is over 100
LaFineD: Was there a few months ago she is Aunt to my Grandmother


LazyBev: Hello everyone, Bev Blair here I am looking for
Jared Rhodes m Martha King 1815 Warren Co GA
LazyBev: My RHODES went to Butler County, Alabama
LazyBev: Bud I hope you and your wife have a really great trip
LazyBev: Does anyone have any RHODES in GA or AL early 1800's
LazyBev: My earliest is Jared Rhodes b 1792 NC m Martha King
in Warren Co GA 1815, settled Butler Co AL
LazyBev: Jared Rhodes b 1792 NC m Martha King 1815 Warren
Co GA settled Butler Co AL
LazyBev: Reddin RHODES in Butler Co AL is different persson
than Reddin Rhodes in Taliferro Co GA
LazyBev: Benjamin Rhodes d 1820 Wilkes Co GA is not father
of Reddin and Jared RHODES of Alabama
LazyBev: Kinklector RHODES in AL and GA where an when
LazyBev: Bud I found about 25 thru this meeting of one
cousin in December
LazyBev: We have an email circle working on family of Jared RHODES
LazyBev: We just this week learned we had the wrong person as his
father
LazyBev: Does anyone have access to CSA records
LazyBev: RHODES, KING, ROBINSON, WEST, COOK, DAWKINS, BARBER, CURRY
LazyBev: NELSON, CARR, ROSE, BOGGS, FRIEND, LeMASTERS, CRAWFORD,
CONRAD, CURRENCE, SKIDMORE
LazyBev: McDONALD, McKINNON, BLUE
LazyBev: Jackie z P tHAT IS FANTASTIC
LazyBev: I do have copies of Benjamin Rhodes(b 1744? VA)
line submitted to DAR, we found he was not
LazyBev: ours
LazyBev: Menamead plese check Moses's children for Jarrett or
Jared and Reddin b:1792, 1794


Menamead: Is this the Rhodes family discussion group?
Menamead: Have data on Moses Rhodes/Mary Mead family
Menamead: Virginia
Menamead: When you are ready, let me know by e-mail
Menamead: Mary from Loudoun to Bedford Co.
Menamead: Moses a Rev. Vet. He and Mary had many children,
he died, she married a Brown and had lots
Menamead: more.
Menamead: Yes. They are in my PAF program. I can send them
to you if needed.
Menamead: It is from this Moses Rhodes that many Mead boys
are named, Rhodes Mead. That line is
Menamead: strong in Ky.


MOman254: Jackie can't see the connection but do have
Rhodes in/near Cape Girardeau.
MOman254: Jackie around Bois Brule
MOman254: Jackie-how bout Perryville - "a few inches on
the map" - looks like 50 miles by crow.
MOman254: John Rhodes d. St. Mary's County, MD 1764
MOman254: John Rhodes/Rodes Maryland d.1764 m. Elenor
MOman254: Is anyone familiar with John and Elizabeth(Jessup)
whose desc. had connections to MD, PA and
MOman254: and DE?
MOman254: RODES/RHODES, GOUGH, DANT, SMITH MATTINGLY, WIMSATT,
CISSELL, GREENWELL, MOORE


Rbgage: Mary RHODES b 1820 Eng d 1895 Montville, Geauga Co. Ohio,
m Silas TUCKER
Rbgage: Silas TUCKER and Mary RHODES TUCKER ENG>CAN>NY>1860 Census OHIO
Rbgage: Silas and Mary RHODES Tucker: daughter Hanna b 1850 Can.
m George H. LINDSLEY Ohio


SamuelM878: Hi Bud: Sam Miller here, got in and waiting for
all the other Rhoades to sign on.
SamuelM878: bud, came across a Rebecca Gilbert in Queen Co. MD.
who married a Bartlett in 1752. Any
SamuelM878: connection to wife of your Jacob Rhoads???
SamuelM878: just waiting and watching for Richard or Israel
Rhoads of west PA
SamuelM878: Halmar, where did your Richard Rhoa come from?
SamuelM878: To AR from where, PA perhaps, I hope.
SamuelM878: Can you trace Richard Rhoads back to Baltimore??
SamuelM878: Menamead what Co's in VA???
SamuelM878: Bedford Va or Bedford PA?
SamuelM878: Bud - Auf wiedersehn, hab eine gute reise


WYNELLGEN: Is this the night for Rhodes in Family Reunion
at 10:00 eastern?
WYNELLGEN: Great, I too have a Rhodes. Sally Rhodes married
Michael King. She dau of William
WYNELLGEN: GFS: I am in Texas.
WYNELLGEN: My RHODES were in NC
WYNELLGEN: Sally (Sarah) RHODES dau of William and Sarah
RHODES of Wayne Co., NC
WYNELLGEN: William Rhodes died 1792 in Wayne Co., NC. dau.
Sarah (Sally) m. Michael King.
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD: I have Hardeman Co., TN Cox
WYNELLGEN: Eli Cox > Mary Jane Cox married Alvin Bishop.
WYNELLGEN: Rhodes, Cox, Bishop, Ingram, King all came from NC
WYNELLGEN: Alvin Bishop was the son of Asa Bishop; they came
from Johnston Co., NC & VA
WYNELLGEN: I believe Asa Bishop's father was Thomas Bishop
from Surry Co., VA
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD: We have got to get together on all of
those name.s
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD which Ingram do you have.
WYNELLGEN: Who did she marry?
WYNELLGEN: Funny LaFineD: a Bass married one of William
Rhodes children.
WYNELLGEN: We will go full circle.
WYNELLGEN: Andrew BASS b. 1734 married Alice Rhodes. Alice
Rhodes was dau of William and Sarah Rhodes.
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD No I do not.
WYNELLGEN: I only know of one Bishop line in Hardeman Co.,
TN, but a couple of Cox lines.
WYNELLGEN: Do you talk to her now.
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD: I would be talking to her every day if I could.
WYNELLGEN: LaFineD. will you e-mail me tomorrow with your line.

No comments: