Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS Reunion June 28th, 1998

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS Reunion
June 28th, 1998
Log by Participant


DDewitt123: Hello, my name is Dave DeWitt- Is this the Rhoads chat room?
DDewitt123: I'm researching Agustus Rhoads - Williamsport Pa.

DTGilesJr: Looking for any kin to Jarred RHODES or Sanford Rhodes
DTGilesJr: ANY Alabama RHODES around Butler Co.,Ala. my gr. gr. Grandfather
DTGilesJr: Any one with Kin to Jared RHODES Butler Co.,Ala. near Greenville
DTGilesJr: Any thing in the Georgia book on a Jarred or Garrett RHODES.
DTGilesJr: My e-mail is dtgilesjr@aol.com


FARNS1: George and Fanny RHODES for Three Rivers, MI late 1940's
FARNS1: RJCARYL Do you know of Fargo, MI
FARNS1: RHODE British meaning is "clearings"
FARNS1: you mean told to leave town?
FARNS1: George and Fanny RHODES from Three Rivers, MI
FARNS1: I am in GA if anyone needs a look up
FARNS1: Ken- anywhere in GA
FARNS1: Ken - can I email you with any info?
FARNS1: DTGilesJr I can look but I would have to email info

Ginnyburke: My first visit.
Ginnyburke: Albert N. Rhodes, Albert M. Rhoads, Daniel Boone Rhoads, Daniel
Ginnyburke: Rhoads
Ginnyburke: Capt. Henry Rhoads Jr. , Henry Rhoads Sr. (7 generations)
Ginnyburke: Henry Rhoads, Senior (1712, Mannheim, Germany - 1774, PA
Ginnyburke: Capt. Henry Rhoads, b.1739, Bedford Co.,Pa; d. Muhlenberg Co.,KY
Ginnyburke: PATH, PA or KY?
Ginnyburke: RONTS, Bud and I correspond but have not seen his webpage.
Ginnyburke: JECE11984, youre right.
Ginnyburke: PATH, just checked two books: Two Centuries of BrothersValley
and Henry the Elder. No Valentine
Ginnyburke: No Valentine spelled any way, not even "Roth" or Rhodt.
Ginnyburke: PATH, still no Valentine Rhoads, Roth, or Rhodt.

HBeaty: Jackie z p: Do any of your Rhodes go to Ky?
HBeaty: Anyone have Rhodes in Meade Co, Ky or Spencer Co, Ky in 1830`s or
1840s ?
HBeaty: Who was Elizabeth`s husband?
HBeaty: Looking for Benjamin Rhodes m. Elizabeth Arnspiger 1837. Spencer Co.
HBeaty: Opps, it is Ernspiger/Arnspiger/Arnspager

Jackie z p: george washigton rhodes m martha turner 1831 NC
Jackie z p: hi 3rd cousin JECE1984 !!
Jackie z p: believed to be possibly from Orange Co, NC
Jackie z p: farns, I'm in MI....where is 3 Rivers?
Jackie z p: no. he's of course buried at stroderville- they had 9 kids but
haven't connected with any descendants yet.
Jackie z p: rjcaryl, i'm also in metro detroit. howdy neighbor!
Jackie z p: rj, i'm in royal oak... lived in redford my 1st 10 yrs.
Jackie z p: still have cousin in redford
Jackie z p: jece1984 and my rhodes are in cape girardeau co, MO
Jackie z p: jece1984, i have a copy of a small rhodes book written in the 1850s
Jackie z p: that has rhodes from the 1600s migrating to orange co, but
Jackie z p: haven't been able to make a connection.
Jackie z p: cindy, i think i copied it at ft. wayne library. I'll have to dig it up
as I put it away because
Jackie z p: i knew i didn't have a link. i will try hard to find it!!
Jackie z p: Of course i don't remember!! somewhere in gr. britian i think!
Jackie z p: cindy, my uncle was told our rhodes were from britian, too.
Jackie z p: oh my uncle has great family stories, most are quite embellished,
I'm sure.
Jackie z p: cindy, found book.,,the rhodes story by jack ladson, jr., ca.
Jackie z p: rontns, he was from moultrie, GA
Jackie z p: ron, the book begins with Wm Rhodes in Jefferson Co, GA
Jackie z p: book also mentions a john rhodes who was a revolutionary soldier
Jackie z p: pat, don't see it off hand.
Jackie z p: this book is only 13 pages and appears to mention primarily GA,
Jackie z p: would be glad to mail a copy to anyone who wants it. if you want
you can E-Mail me with
Jackie z p: your address and i can send it out this week.
Jackie z p: pat, it's just jackie z p@aol.com
Jackie z p: pat, this john rhodes came to Richmond Co, GA before the Rev.
Jackie z p: pat, it also talks about his family in Union Co, SC
Jackie z p: cindy, after the chat line, please e-mail your address so i can
mail it to you.
Jackie z p: moman, isn't perry co just north of cape g co., MO ?
Jackie z p: moman, you should send me a chart sometime. do you get to MO
much ?
Jackie z p: Have george wash. rhodes....sons were wash. marion (b. 1832), wm
pinkney and Robert
Jackie z p: believed to have come to MO ca. 1840s or so.
Jackie z p: moman, i go there every spring and hit the county library's
Jackie z p: moman, don't think KY. Think they came to MO from NC via TN.
Jackie z p: again, if anyone wants a copy of this little rhodes book (GA, NC,
SC and VA mentioned)
Jackie z p: e-mail me with your address. if you don't receiveit...keep
bugging me please.
Jackie z p: well, goodnight everyone and thank you... see you in september
Jackie z p: cindy, i plan to!! won't be doing any rhodes research until after it.

JECE1984: You know, Jackie zp and I met each other via the reunion and
we are distant relatives
JECE1984: DId you log it? I tried...we'll see if I did it right!
JECE1984: Jackie and I have Rhodes in Cape Girardeau, MO that traveled from
NC
JECE1984: Jackie, do you know what become of William Pinkney RHODES?
JECE1984: Good sign, RONTNS, so does mine.
JECE1984: Welcome all, any newcomers to the Reunion?
JECE1984: Bud asked that I mention his web site
JECE1984: If you get a chance check it out...has some interesting links.
JECE1984: How far back have you traced your roots, PATHOHNE?
JECE1984: Valentine shouldn't be too hard to run across.
JECE1984: Seems like I recall seeing that name a long time ago on the message
Boards on AOL gen
JECE1984: Where were they born, PAT?
JECE1984: Yes, I thought that there was a Capt Henry Rhoads in BUDI family
JECE1984: Jackie, think that there is just a few more generations back until
we find the Mayflower traveler.
JECE1984: Who is the author?
JECE1984: Where did you find this?
JECE1984: I wished we lived close so some of your knowledge would rub off!
JECE1984: Migrated from where jackie? Do you recall?
JECE1984: What do you consider the Rhodes name? German, Dutch...??? What?
JECE1984: Yes, Welcome Dave.
JECE1984: We are without a host, so please chime in...
JECE1984: My family just did not have an interest for their heritage...so I
never knew.
JECE1984: George Washington RHODES m Martha Turner in 1831 in Orange Co NC
JECE1984: Yes, HB ...Welcome
JECE1984: That sounds interesting...Jackie...took the info down...thanx
JECE1984: HB...I do not believe any of our Rhodes go to KY..Jackie and I
are third cousins.
JECE1984: MOman are you from MO?
JECE1984: So do I...Cape Girardeau, MO
JECE1984: Where are yours from?...MOman
JECE1984: Okay, I would love that...
JECE1984: Jackie...yes it is...touches Cape County
JECE1984: Bye, Jackie...have fun on your trip...
JECE1984: Enjoy...

JnLRhodes: Benjamin Rhodes born 1720 Duplin Co., NC married Rachael Thomas


KenElery: Looking for parents or siblings of L. Alexander Rhodes, Clay Co. Il
KenElery: L. Alexander RHOADES (RHODES) b. 1843?
KenElery: I'd like a look up please: L. Alexander RHODES, b 12 oct 1843, KY
KenElery: Don't know what L. is for
KenElery: How about Wm Rhodes married Anna HORN
KenElery: Yes or KY
KenElery: Yes KenElery@aol.com
KenElery: My L. Alexander Rhoades showed up in Clay Co IL after the civil
war. Shows born in KY.
KenElery: I suspect Knox County. Any one have any Ideas ?
KenElery: Would appreciate an Email if he is>>

MOman254: JECE-CO not MO but have Rhodes in MO
MOman254: Yes...
MOman254: Ended up in Perry County...
MOman254: Yes...what time period, names?
MOman254: Jackie what Rhodes do you have? Have had the pleasure only once,
MOman254: even then only to Florissant.
MOman254: Jackie would George Washington have been from KY?
MOman254: Ken-can't recall, but Alexander may be on on of the branches...
MOman254: Sarah Rhodes d. Spencer Co. 1863?
MOman254: Oops! Sarah m. Thomas Watson...
MOman254: Sarah's sister Elizabeth d. Spencer Co. 1866...
MOman254: Don't have husband for Elizabeth. Ernspinger is familiar...

PATHOHNE: My first time
PATHOHNE: JECE: my Rhodes not too far. Looking for a connection to
PATHOHNE: Valentine Rhoads who I'm told started the whole thing
PATHOHNE: JECE: I have Valentine, need to connect mine to him. Mine Mary
Rhoades, b 1824. d/ 1852, m, Oliver E. Wood
PATHOHNE: Mary Rhodes, Winchester, VA....Oliver E. Wood, Salem & Balson, NY
PATHOHNE: they were m. in NY, Saratoga, have records
PATHOHNE: Ginny: that's where my Valentine was from, only spelled it Roads
PATHOHNE: Ginny: started (Valentine Germany to Pa) Mary VA
PATHOHNE: Ginny: brb...will look up my records
PATHOHNE: Ginny: Valentine Ropth, b. 1708 Switzerland or Germany
PATHOHNE: Child Valentine Roads, b. 1752 Northampton Co., Penn, d 1833
PATHOHNE: Ginny: Have a story on him and his mill (ohio). Mary rhodes
PATHOHNE: b. 1824 Winchester VA, D. 1852 Jamestown, Chtagria Co, NY
PATHOHNE: Jackie: does it say where John Rhodes joined the Rev.?
PATHOHNE: thanks anyway
PATHOHNE: Jackie: would like a copy please: what's your e-mail address?
PATHOHNE: Thanks Jackie: will e - mail you snail mail address :)
PATHOHNE: Rontns: thanks: I',m trying to connect my REv. Ancestor with the
surnames of wives.
PATHOHNE: Jackie: I have a Hezekiah Wood, 4th Westchester, NY. They seemed
to marry other Rev surname wives. Also true of Civil War Woods

PWL006: I Have a John RHODES that married a Eliza DUGAN in PA I think.

RJCARYL: ANY VT. RHODES 1775-1810 PERIOD
RJCARYL: JACKIE I'M FROM METRO DETROIT BELIEVE THREE RIVERS IN S.W. CORNER
RJCARYL: JACKIE I'M FROM REDFORD
RJCARYL: YOU GOT ME ONE THAT ONE FARNS1
RJCARYL: WHERES YOUR RHODES AT JACKIE
RJCARYL: ANYONE HAVE ANY VT. RHODES 1775-1810
RJCARYL: ANYONE HAVE INFO ON A SARAH RHODES AKA CARIL(CARYL)
RJCARYL: SHE'S MY GGGGRANDMOTHER. ONLY THING I HAVE ON HER IS SHE
WAS WARNED OUT OF TOWNSHEAD, VT IN 1806
RJCARYL: IT WAS A PROCEEDURAL THING IT MEANT THEY WOULDN'T BE
RJCARYL: RESPONSIBLE FOR HER OR HER'S IF SHE GOT IN FINANCIAL
TROUBLE


RONTNS: My log manager says "Logging" so lets hope fo best.
RONTNS: Ginnyburke, Henry Rhoads Sr is a BudI ancestor. Have you seen his
Web Page?
RONTNS: I'm trying to find link from Henry Sr to my John D (1750-1729) in MA
RONTNS: THE RHODES FAMILY IN AMERICA, Howard J Rhodes, 1959, says Rode
RONTNS: family of England went to Germany to America.
RONTNS: HJ Rhodes says John D of Tyringham/Gt Barrington Mass was fluent in
RONTNS: both German and English
RONTNS: Has anyone else seen the Howard J Rhodes 1959 book?
RONTNS: It says that William de Rode, Knt, accompanied Richard I on the 3d
Crusade
RONTNS: where is Jack Ladson Jr from? Howard J Rhodes was near Los Angeles
RONTNS: Pat, HJRhodes book says a John Rhodes was in 1st Berkshire Co
RONTNS: of Mass in 1777
RONTNS: Night all.

ALL: Again, thanks for getting together for this 10th RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS
On Line reunion. Hope to see you all on Sunday Sept 27th for the next get
together :)

Regards to all, Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.

BUDI@ AOL.com GFS bud@AOL.com

No comments: