Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION Sunday, June 24 2001

                      RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION  Sunday, June 24 2001
Log by Participant


Christ14mect: <~~~~~ from Bucks County, Pa.
Christ4mect: HI, I remembered and finally found you all. I hope you're not all finished.
Christ4mect: I found this reunion site about 2 mos ago while I was researching my paternal family-Roth
Christ4mect: I've reached the infamous brick wall on my grandfather-Charles Frederick Roth, born in Phila
Christ4mect: I'm from Bucks County, Pa. and my oldest ancestors are the parents of Charles F. Roth
Christ4mect: Charles F. Roth (born1882)--parents are John Henry and Kathrine Roth. That's all
Christ4mect: I've tried connecting them to the Roth/Rhoads/Rhodes lines of Germantown, Phila. because of
Christ4mect: an address of Somerset St. in PHila which runs parallel to Germantown Ave.
Christ4mect: My Roth line is connected to the Hart Family in PHila.
Christ4mect: I'm still here, waiting for any contacts
Christ4mect: I'm from PHila and still online
Christ4mect: TWWOODWORK--I have a maternal relative named Hiram Horton Hart. We believe Horton is a fami
Christ4mect: family name.
Christ4mect: Any connection
Christ4mect: It's believed my H. Horton Hart was from Canada. Any connections?
Christ4mect: Anyone have Roth connections that are Methodist? My grandfather use to go to Ocean Grove,NJ
Christ4mect: That is a Methodist town that have summer camp meetings
Christ4mect: We believe our Roths were German, my maternal side is Riemenschneider of Phila
Christ4mect: I was also told the my ggparents came from Luxembourg
Christ4mect: MY father told of his sisters burying their silveware in the ashes to put out with the trash
Christ4mect: because it had indications that it was made in Germany. This was appx 1930's
Christ4mect: between WWI and WW2
Christ4mect: Also, there appears to be family ostracizing because of religious differences
Christ4mect: TWWOODWORK, where are your Hortons from?
Christ4mect: TWWOODWORK, what is your email address?
Christ4mect: I'M Christ4mect@aol.com


DJAMIE98: <~~~~~ Shoreline, WA, near Seattle
DJAMIE98: Hello, all you Rhoades/Rhoades cousins!
DJAMIE98: Hello, KBailey 252
DJAMIE98: Hi, Bud. I've been busy, but haven't we all?
DJAMIE98: My earliest Rhodes ancestor is Otho Rhodes 1840-1925
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes was born 1840 at Dent's Mill, Morgantown, VA, now WVA
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes died in 1925 in Johnson County, Arkansas
DJAMIE98: I would like to know the names of his parents, but so far I haven't had any luck.
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes served with an Illinois company in the Civil War.
DJAMIE98: He was living in Burlington, Iowa, at the time of his enlistment.
DJAMIE98: TMcgu95: Otho's descendants moved to Kansas and Arkansas as far as I know
DJAMIE98: Bud, That's one of my present "mysteries." Who were Otho's parents?
DJAMIE98: Otho married Olive Amanda Williamson in Burlington, IA, about 1866 or so.
DJAMIE98: Thanks, Bud. I've noted that.
DJAMIE98: Bud, let me pass on that roll call, please, as I've already listed Otho Rhodes.
DJAMIE98: Thanks, Bud.
DJAMIE98: Hello, Rhoarclass. I came across some of our correspondence lately. Thanks.
DJAMIE98: It's "OTHO."
DJAMIE98: -----Shoreline, WA, near Seattle.
DJAMIE98: I've already listed Otho Rhodes, 1840-1925. Born in Morgantown, VA.
DJAMIE98: KBailey252: Hmm. A VA connection.
DJAMIE98: Rhoarclass: I don't think we've ever chatted about that that much. This gives me some ideas
DJAMIE98: Rhodes, Williamson, Reed, Bowers,
DJAMIE98: I have had recent correspondence with some of my Rhodes cousins in Alva, OK
DJAMIE98: I'm hoping they will have some new "data" for me.
DJAMIE98: Oh, but wouldn't a magic want be wonderful to connect all the ancestors!
DJAMIE98: Woops. That word should be "WAND."
DJAMIE98: Williams107: Your Rhodes ancestor sounds very interesting. Was there a divorce involved?
DJAMIE98: Thanks, W107
DJAMIE98: Please share it again, Bud.
DJAMIE98: Thanks, Bud, for setting that up.
DJAMIE98: Bye for now. Thank you, everyone.


DTGilesJr: <~~~~~ from Wetumpka,Alabama


DTGilesJr: IS this the RHODES group.
DTGilesJr: Evening everyone
DTGilesJr: MYgr grandfather was Sanford (1825-1864)son ofJarett 1792-1853 from Butler Co., Alabama.
DTGilesJr: I am from Wetumpka,Alabama
DTGilesJr: Jarett(1792-1853) N.C. to Alabama
DTGilesJr: Noone with RHODES in the south?
DTGilesJr: No.
DTGilesJr: NO Rhodes N.C. or Alabama?
DTGilesJr: Any Jarett?
DTGilesJr: Any of them moved to Butler cp.,Ala.?
DTGilesJr: TWWOODWORK any Jarett or Kitchens
DTGilesJr: Night.


Hbeaty: <~~~~~
HBeaty: Hello. Still searching
HBeaty: Rhodes, Hoover, Dexter Arnspiger
HBeaty: John Rhodes, St. Mary`s Co., MD died by 1764
HBeaty: See you next time.


Kbailey: <~~~~~~ from Texarkana, TX
KBailey252: Good - I see Bud is here now
KBailey252: YO - GFS Bud
KBailey252: Not too bad here in the land of plenty either
KBailey252: Yes--constantly working for the last 30 years on my many lines---the Rhodes thing is the con
KBailey252: fusing issue. The junction of Okla, Texas, La and Arkansas
KBailey252: He'lo DJamie
KBailey252: Which Rhodes Bud
KBailey252: Hi DT
KBailey252: Hi TM
KBailey252:
KBailey252: ~~~~Texarkana, TX~~~Sarah T. Rhodes, my GGGM, b. c. 1814, Married 1832, left VA for MO 1841
KBailey252: She is Dau of Christopher Rhodes, lived in Rockbridge county and in Botetourt after marriage
KBailey252: Rhoar-- In St Louis County she was a Bailey, wife of a JP named James H Bailey
KBailey252: I know this lady, ---just not able to complete tying her into Rhodes family. Her marriager
KBailey252: records name Christopher Rhodes.
KBailey252: Bailey, Rhodes, Altman, Lee, Adcock, Rhea, Little,
KBailey252: Rhoar - I don't know about elsewhere but the name may be spelled several ways in the Rockbr/
KBailey252: Rockbridge/Botetourt records for the same person
KBailey252: yep!!


RHOARCLASS: <~~~~~~ from Edgewood WA...
RHOARCLASS: RHO[A]D{E]S WEST here.....hi Bud
RHOARCLASS: Bernie Rhoades, Edgewood WA...Henry Rhoads Sr. Bedford Co Pa
RHOARCLASS: Sorry...
RHOARCLASS: De nada...
RHOARCLASS: I'm glad Nila Drake made it to the Broward Reu..she's from Dan'l 1st wife Eva Foust..
RHOARCLASS: I was in the LDS Archives for 3 days three weeks ago...
RHOARCLASS: Bernie Rhoades, Edgewood WA...Henry Rhoads Sr. Bedford Co Pa..What CO in MO?
RHOARCLASS: Thank you...ours left Ray CO in 1846...
RHOARCLASS: DJAMIE98...did we decide you were NOT from Henry Sr. ?
RHOARCLASS: Rhoads,Esrey,Forster,Newman,Patterson
RHOARCLASS: Bud...I think you and I are all alone w/ Rhoads..
RHOARCLASS: True...everywhere...
RHOARCLASS: Have and of you RHODES' traced your line back to England? Germany? Palatinate?
RHOARCLASS: yes
RHOARCLASS: Ok...COSTA MESA..not Rica
RHOARCLASS: Roth...ok now you're talking....Years ? ? ?
RHOARCLASS: Sounds familiar...ehhh, Bud ?
RHOARCLASS: Christ4mect...We need to talk later...Roth,PA
RHOARCLASS: Bye
RHOARCLASS: Still light out in Seattle....
RHOARCLASS: ok
RHOARCLASS: The German Rhoads' were all Church of the Bretheren...
RHOARCLASS: Really...
RHOARCLASS: Ha ha...nahhhh
RHOARCLASS: You know Cecil John Rhodes...the English Hero of the South ...
RHOARCLASS: African Boar War...very English...


RONTNS: <~~~~~~ from MIAMISBURG OH


RONTNS: HOPE SO!
RONTNS: AND IN MIAMISBURG OH
RONTNS: Asa Waterhouse Rhodes, b 1802, Gt Barrington MA
RONTNS: MY gggfa was Asa Waterhouse(1802-1882),son of Jseph,from Great Barrington MA, to Trumbull C
RONTNS: Co OH
RONTNS: RHODES,APPLEGATE,WISELEY,OAKLEY,CAMPBELL,GOSSARD,STIMMEL
RONTNS: Anyone know of book RHODES FAMILY IN AMERICA,by Howard Jacklin RHODES, 1959?


Tmcgu95: <~~~~~~ from Bakersfield, CA
TMcgu95: Hi Bud and Rhodes kin. I'm new to the chat
TMcgu95: My only Rhodes ancestor known is Zillah Rhodes,1866-? MS to CA
TMcgu95: yes, Bud
TMcgu95: DJ did any of Otho's descendants move to Mississippi or CA?
TMcgu95: <-------------------------Bakersfield, CA
TMcgu95: Zillah Rhodes, b MS married John McGuire 29 Apr 1887 in Orange, Los Angeles, CA
TMcgu95: there are several Rhodes families in OC and a few pastors
TMcgu95: Zillah Rhodes m John McGuire
TMcgu95: Rhodes, McGuire, Codd, Clair
TMcgu95: Williams107 - Actually, I am wondering more about your Rhodes from L.A.
TMcgu95: give up the details. :)
TMcgu95: do you have his descendants?
TMcgu95: or brothers?
TMcgu95: And what part of CA is he from?
TMcgu95: Costa Rica is part of OC near Orange.
TMcgu95: I knew that. LOL!
TMcgu95: I think we need to team up. I search that are all the time
TMcgu95: My Zillah was born in about 1866 in MS but moved to Richmond (Orange) CA which was LA County
TMcgu95: She married in 1887 and her family had to have had connections previously.
TMcgu95: Her hubby, John McGuire, was born in Richmond, CA in 1866. That was a small community then
TMcgu95: Williams - Have you ever been to CA?
TMcgu95: I grew up in O.C. near Costa Mesa. Email me your details and let me watch for you too
TMcgu95: I live about 100 miles north of there now, but that's where my husband's family is
TMcgu95: Actually, I have to get a sense of where the Rhodes in LA came from
TMcgu95: to track which one Zillah was related to
TMcgu95: Do you know if your Thomas was in the clergy or had kids in it?
TMcgu95: Actually, the Rhodes McGuire line is my husband's line.
TMcgu95: There are a ton of church records with Rhodes as pastor in your area
TMcgu95: I'll send you what I have and gather more
TMcgu95: great. night
TMcgu95: bye. I'm going too unless there are any other California researchers on
TMcgu95: Or mississippi
TMcgu95: Night


TWWOODWORK: <~~~~~ from Glen Mills, Pa
TWWOODWORK: Well, this must be the place since there is no other place like this place!
TWWOODWORK: Thanks.
TWWOODWORK: Nelson Rhoads. My great grandfather on my mother's side.
TWWOODWORK: HIs daughter was named Myra Rhoads and married David L. Tinsley of Wilkes County,NC
TWWOODWORK: In fact all my Rhoads lived in Wilkes County, NC.
TWWOODWORK: Glen Mills, Pa.
TWWOODWORK: Have lived here about 31 years. Originally from Va.
TWWOODWORK: Descended from the Joseph Horton line and the Tinsley and Rhoads line, oh and the Martins
TWWOODWORK: of VA.
TWWOODWORK: Good night.
TWWOODWORK: Good night.
TWWOODWORK: I guess everyone is leaving now?
TWWOODWORK: I was wondering, are there a lot of Rhoads (Rhodes) lines?
TWWOODWORK: I know of at least three Horton lines and as many or more Martin lines.
TWWOODWORK: Christ, where are your Rhoads from?
TWWOODWORK: I have Rhoades in NC.
TWWOODWORK: Or at least had plus their descendants.
TWWOODWORK: I have.
TWWOODWORK: Google is one of the biggest search engines around.
TWWOODWORK: Yes, Horton is a family name. My earliest Horton that I can find is Abraham Horton, born abo
TWWOODWORK: about 1722, birthplace, parents and siblings unknown.
TWWOODWORK: Married Martha Williams in Bucks County, PA and they migrated to NC about 1769.
TWWOODWORK: A couple of his sons went on to SC, Ga and Alabama. Part of some later generations went on t
TWWOODWORK: to Mississippi and Texas.
TWWOODWORK: I don't have any Canadian connections as far as I know.
TWWOODWORK: Nope, sorry.
TWWOODWORK: The only lines that I presently follow is Horton, Tinsley, Rhoads and Martin.
TWWOODWORK: The early Tinsley line married into the Vawters.
TWWOODWORK: Yes, I do.
TWWOODWORK: I have family members in the past who have spelled their name Rhoads, Rhodes and Rhoades.
TWWOODWORK: My mother's side of the family were all Baptist.
TWWOODWORK: I am not so sure about the Rhoads side.
TWWOODWORK: I have a bunch of Rhoads genealogy printed out but not on my computer or in my FTM program.
TWWOODWORK: My Rhoads were English coming originally from Va, way back.
TWWOODWORK: I have just begun to put all my genealogy material into the Family Tree Maker.
TWWOODWORK: It is not organized so, I feel that is the best way to organize it now.
TWWOODWORK: You are lucky there Christ, I don't know where mine came from other than "England."
TWWOODWORK: I have not been able to trace any of them back there.
TWWOODWORK: What?
TWWOODWORK: Was this to hide them or what?
TWWOODWORK: I know the Tinsleys buried their silverware and other valuables during the War of Northern A
TWWOODWORK: Aggression.
TWWOODWORK: That is a shame
TWWOODWORK: We are so tolerant in this country!
TWWOODWORK: My third great grandfather, Joseph Horton, was dismissed from the Westfield Quaker Meeting
TWWOODWORK: of NC for marrying outside the faith.
TWWOODWORK: That was in 1801.
TWWOODWORK: Cecil is a familiar Rhodes name even here.
TWWOODWORK: O.K. good night all. See you in September.
TWWOODWORK: Sorry I was late.
TWWOODWORK: Twwoodwork@aol.com
TWWOODWORK: And yours?


Williams107 <~~~~~ from Rockford, Illinois
Williams107: Hi...Sorry I'm late
Williams107: Haven't been here for a while
Williams107: <------------------Rockford, Illinois
Williams107: Looking for information on Thomas C. Rhodes d. March 5, 1864 Los Angeles, Cal. married to
Williams107: Rosanna Ricker probably in Ohio or PA
Williams107: RHODES, RICKER, DOLL, KNITER, TANNER, MICKLE, GRANT, REED
Williams107: These are all different Rhodes families tonight...no connections?
Williams107: yes, TMcgu?
Williams107: Thomas C. Rhodes..died in LA of consumption in 1864.
Williams107: I have his will and several letters to his lawyers from his wife.
Williams107: He had 4 children...one married in CA and stayed there
Williams107: The other 3 came back to Ohio with their mother
Williams107: I think he was originally from around the Akron area in Ohio because his wife came back ther
Williams107: He spent some time in Cosa Rica where 2 kids were born
Williams107: The papers say San Jose, Costa Rica
Williams107: He owned mines and had an interest in coffee
Williams107: but I can't find his parents
Williams107: or siblings
Williams107: that would be great...I'm stuck in illinois LOL
Williams107: no divorce that I know of
Williams107: kids were Nina, Charles, Thomas, Rosa
Williams107: somewhere ?????


HOST GFS bud <~~~~~ is from Dubuque, IA
HOST GFS bud: Hi KB HI RONTNS
HOST GFS bud: Beautiful night here in Dubuque IA
HOST GFS bud: Are you two still active in family research ?
HOST GFS bud: And pray tell whare is that land of plenty ?
HOST GFS bud: Hey JAMIE _
HOST GFS bud: Met some new cousins last saturday. Both descended fron the same Rhodes _
HOST GFS bud: Hey DT :) Long rime no see _
HOST GFS bud: Their name was Shipman from Dixon IL and they
HOST GFS bud: were both connected way back to John Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: brother to my Jacob Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: Hey TM :) First time here ??
HOST GFS bud: We will wait a bet and then ask for your earliest ancestors for the log and record.
HOST GFS bud: Just cross talk a bit
HOST GFS bud: Williams:) First time here ?
HOST GFS bud: W: No problem_
HOST GFS bud: Jamie: Who were Ortho's parents ?
HOST GFS bud: Jamie: A Daniel Rhodes who died in Edgar Co IL in 1838 owned land in that area
HOST GFS bud: Welcome ALL to the RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS
HOST GFS bud: reunion
HOST GFS bud: We are in the sixth year of these meetings on line and I
HOST GFS bud: hope they have been of some help:)
HOST GFS bud: I am logging the chat and will edit it and send it to several hundred other
HOST GFS bud: RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS researchers on AOL and on the Internet
HOST GFS bud: who could not be here. Please IM me at HPST GFS bud if you are also
HOST GFS bud: logging.
HOST GFS bud: That sb HOST
HOST GFS bud: In a few minutes we will ask that that you hold your comments while each
HOST GFS bud: one tells us where they are from and who their oldest known ancestor was
HOST GFS bud: and where they were located and about when:) Let me call on you in turn
HOST GFS bud: when we start that.
HOST GFS bud: RHOARCLASS is a direct descendant of the Daniel Rhodes who lived
HOST GFS bud: in edgar Co IL and is my cousin _
HOST GFS bud: Bernie" Ever hear of an ORTHO Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: Will everyone tell me where they are from for the record LIKE THIS
HOST GFS bud:
HOST GFS bud: RHOARCLASS is connected to the rescurers of the Donnor party and
HOST GFS bud: a Rhodes who assisted Brigham Young in the 1849s
HOST GFS bud: In a few minutes we will ask that that you hold your comments while each
HOST GFS bud: one tells us where they are from and who their oldest known ancestor was
HOST GFS bud: and where they were located and about when:) Let me call on you in turn
HOST GFS bud: when we start that.
HOST GFS bud: DJAMIE ?
HOST GFS bud: DTGiles ?
HOST GFS bud: KBAILEY?
HOST GFS bud: RHOARCLASS ?
HOST GFS bud: RONTNS ?
HOST GFS bud: TMcqu ?
HOST GFS bud: Williams ?
HOST GFS bud: Now give us all the names you are researchin for the record,
HOST GFS bud: When we ask for a ROLLCALL, send us your list of surnames you are
HOST GFS bud: researching like so: ISENHART, RHODES, GILBERT, WINTER,
HOST GFS bud: OTTINGER, JOSI, SCHRIVER, DUFFY, MCGINTY, DRISCOLL,
HOST GFS bud: DONOVAN, BUCKLEY, CATIGAN, BURKE
HOST GFS bud: ROLLCALL!!!
HOST GFS bud: HBeaty !!!! Long time no see :)
HOST GFS bud: Bud Got booted and locked up :) Is anyone LOGGING ?
HOST GFS bud: Bernie: Please send me the log tomorrw OK ?
HOST GFS bud: Does everyone have the Rhosdes/Rhodes/Rhoads web address ?
HOST GFS bud: My Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page URL is
HOST GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
HOST GFS bud: The log willl be up loaded to that page. Look at the
HOST GFS bud: Search files from that page for possible matches.
HOST GFS bud: Send me a direct line profile of your Rhoades etc ancestry
HOST GFS bud: and I will add it to the files.
HOST GFS bud: Sample Direct line Profile
HOST GFS bud: George and Armakella Rhoades (He died in 1814 on way
HOST GFS bud: to Ohio)
HOST GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades1781-1853 Bedford Co., PA and
HOST GFS bud: Montgomery Co., OH
HOST GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades 1805-1882 Bedford Co. PA and
HOST GFS bud: Montgomery Co., OH
HOST GFS bud: Hiram Rhoades 1838-1913 Montgomery and Darke
HOST GFS bud: Cos. Ohio
HOST GFS bud: Jesse Rhoades 1881-1948 Darke Co., Ohio
HOST GFS bud: Chalmer Rhoades 1905-1990 Darle Co. Ohio
HOST GFS bud: Gerald Rhoades <---------me
HOST GFS bud: Welcome Christ4mect to the Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Reunion on line. Tell
HOST GFS bud: us who you are researchin:(
HOST GFS bud: Christ4: Tell su where you are from and who your oldest ancestor in
HOST GFS bud: America was and where they were located :)
HOST GFS bud: RHOARCLASS and I are both descended from Henry Roth (later
HOST GFS bud: Rhoades/Rhoads/Rhoads etc. who was located in Fredericl Co MD til
HOST GFS bud: 1763 then to PA
HOST GFS bud: Also on RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS page you will find instructions to
HOST GFS bud: subscribe to the Rhodes List Server where you can leave queries and
HOST GFS bud: questions for all Rhodes Researchers on that list and receive all the messages
HOST GFS bud: posted to that list.
HOST GFS bud: From the Web Page http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.html you can
HOST GFS bud: link to Daryl Leyton's World Descendancy Charts. Dayrl will add yours to his
HOST GFS bud: web page if you like.
HOST GFS bud: Welcome TWWOODWORK to the Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Reunion on line.
HOST GFS bud: Tell us who you are researchin:(
HOST GFS bud: TWW: Where are you callin in from ?
HOST GFS bud: Night Jamie :)
HOST GFS bud: Let us know now or by E-Mail to BUDI or HOST GFS bud if you have had any
HOST GFS bud: success in your researches and where you think some good resources are
HOST GFS bud: found on the internet.
HOST GFS bud: Night TWW
HOST GFS bud: Thanks for coming tonight:) The log will be sent out shortly. The next On Line
HOST GFS bud: meeting will be on Sunday, Sept 23rd 2001. Hope to see you all there. Have a
HOST GFS bud: great Summer !!!
HOST GFS bud: Regards, HOST GFS bud. (Rhodes J.
HOST GFS bud: Isenhart Jr.)
HOST GFS bud: and BUDI@AOL.com
HOST GFS bud: Come again and keep in touch by E-Mail to help each other out
HOST GFS bud: Has every body used GOOGLE.COM ?
HOST GFS bud: Bernie: Thanks for coming tonight:) I woukd appreciat the log so I can
HOST GFS bud: edit in what I missed
HOST GFS bud: DT: Do you subscribe to the Rhodes-L List ?
HOST GFS bud: There are a lot of NC Rhodes etc folk showing up there
HOST GFS bud: Bernie: Our early bundh included Baptists too :?
HOST GFS bud: Bernie: Part of Austin Cooper's story said Henry Sr. bot bumped out of
HOST GFS bud: his Brethren connection and went to Ursina and started that German
HOST GFS bud: Baptist Church there
HOST GFS bud: Bernie: Do you think the English Rhodes folk were all displaced Germans ?
HOST GFS bud: Goodnight ALL. Thanks for coming RONTN

No comments: