Friday, October 17, 2008

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion March 32rd, 1977

Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion

March 32rd, 1977

Log by Participant

AL1USCAV2: christopher rhodes abt. 1638 in england and middlesex VA
AL1USCAV2: who is the father of Christopher Rhodes who lived on
the Isle of Gernsey 1662?
AL1USCAV2: Christopher son is Hezekiah, children Mary Alice Elizabeth
Hez.William James Sith VA 1686
AL1USCAV2: Rosyrhodes Hezekiah Father was Christopher.
AL1USCAV2: Frankooc: I have my line back to the England to a man
named Christopher.
AL1USCAV2: Lazybev: I have a few johns in Guilford Co.,NC.
AL1USCAV2: Halmar46: I have John Rhode's in Guilford Co. Nc.
AL1USCAV2: Halmar46: Mine date to 1770's.
AL1USCAV2: Halmar46: Not that I know of.
AL1USCAV2: My Rhodes begin in England & end in Alabama.


BASchroede: ! Have large file on PA Rhoads to share if someone can
help me help me decipher it!
BASchroede: My earliest Rhoads: Henry Rhoads b. ca 1720 PA m.1781
Chester Co, PA to Catherine Rhinehart
BASchroede: JGent, no, I'm sorry, not yet, but will research further.
BASchroede: DebbiM: I'm back in. Sent you two messages on your
e-mail.
BASchroede: From Michigan
BASchroede: You're kidding, Debbie
BASchroede: Bloomfield Hills
BASchroede: Let's keep in touch
BASchroede: Goodnight and it's been a wonderful first reunion. Thanks.


CarrolJean: Rhoades/Roads from York or colleton Co. SC . Henry
and wife Mary in Monroe Co. AL 1825
CarrolJean: Henry Rhoads in Alabama, Monroe Co. 1825
CarrolJean: Who had Christopher Rhodes, One in Colleton SC in 1820
CarrolJean: William H. Rhoad married Martha Philen on 11/10/1853
in Monroe in Monroe Co. Ala.
CarrolJean: Eliz I Rhoad married W. E. Groom in Monroe Co. 1856
CarrolJean: Crossville: Where in South Ala. is this reunion
CarrolJean: Harriett E. Rhoad married Dulaney Mafus Wood Bird in
Monroe Co. Buried Crenshaw Co., AL
CarrolJean: Family always kidded about ours being Dutch
CarrolJean: GFS BUD: Funny, there were Henry Roads Sr. and Jr.
in 1810 in Colleton, SC
CarrolJean: Frank: How to get to this Rand Surname page
CarrolJean: Frank: Would you Email me at CarrolJean@aol.com I
would like to go there too
CarrolJean: Halmar: Was there a will from John
CarrolJean: Crossville: Wonder if our Rhoades in Al are connected?
CarrolJean: Crossville: My Rhoades in Monroe next to Butler
CarrolJean: Bev: Mine were next door in Monroe Co, Lots there too
but not all mine
CarrolJean: Bev: I don't know but 1818 Conecuh was all of it..
Monroe and Butler etc. possible split
CarrolJean: Bev: Maybe that is case. Want me to send you
Rhoades/Rhodes I copied????
CarrolJean: GFS bud: Thanks I will Email Al Rhoads
CarrolJean: Bev: I have Dr. Apt. Mon and Tues. May be Wed before
I get it together...OK???
CarrolJean: Bev. Sorry about foot. There goes your money for
the Easter dress
CarrolJean: Nite all, see you in June and hope to have lots more
info on Rhoades by then
CarrolJean: Birmingham, AL


Citrusln: THOMAS H RHODES MELZAH RHODES
Citrusln: THOMAS H RHODES VA WV m. CAROLINE MOORE
Citrusln: fROM fLORIDA
Citrusln: Goodnight


CROSSVILLE: James RHODE b b 1775 d ? 1830? very little known in
Brunswick Co N.c 1790
CROSSVILLE: Susan C. Rhodes b c 1830 n car daughter of Samuel
Roads/Rhodes listed in Dooley Co Ga 1850
CROSSVILLE: Susan C Rhodes m 1852 ( would like copy of record)
Pike Co Ala John Pulaski Grissett
CROSSVILLE: James Rhodes & Mary Williamson (b before 1775 d after 1826
before 1830) son Samuel in Ga
CROSSVILLE: then Pike and Coffee Co Al . Samuel m Anna Cribb and Sam
died 1891 Pike Co Al
CROSSVILLE: RHODES FAMILy
CROSSVILLE: bingo-- match up -- cuz
CROSSVILLE: lazy Bev have you ever been to the Rhodes reunion in
southern Ala
CROSSVILLE: The last I know for sure was in Andalusia Ala Aug 1994
decendants of John J Grissett & Sarah
CROSSVILLE: Jan Rhodes. the Grissetts and Rhodes married and inter
marries
CROSSVILLE: SAMUEL RHODES b 1798 NC d 1891 Pike co, Ala m Anna
Cribb b 1805 NC d 1879 Pike co Al
CROSSVILLE: children Amos, Susan C., Edward, thomas W., Rebecca,
Jonathan B. -- Susan C. b1831 d before 1882 married
John Pulaski Grissett children of John Grissett &
Susan C Rhodes --Sam T, Anna
CROSSVILLE: Susan Rebecca Grissett m Matthew Burt & Edward
Pulaski Grissett m ""Mattie Moore
CROSSVILLE: in Butler co Ala then bothe came to tx b 1900
CROSSVILLE: carroljean what part of Al?
CROSSVILLE: the Rhodes were also in Pike & Coffee co and married
many of the Grissett line
CROSSVILLE: gotta go but hope to find more on RHOADES later.
(Richmond, Tx)


FRANKOOC: My great-grandfather Richard Rhodes 1859 - 1912 married
Maryann Dainty, Houtzdale PA
FRANKOOC: Richard Rhodes(PA) had 6 girls, Clara, May, Sarah,
Maude, Emma, Nellie & 1 boy John
FRANKOOC: My mother's aunts (Richard's daughters) use to talk
about the family coming frm England
FRANKOOC: I have a Christmas postcard dated 1905 to my grandfather
from Arthur Cecil Rhodes(?).
FRANKOOC: Has anyone traced Rhodes back to England and made
contact with relatives there?
FRANKOOC: AL1USCAV2 ..Does he have an email address?
FRANKOOC: Have you registered on the Rand Geneology Surname page yet?
FRANKOOC: It is a www location. I will send BUD the address
tomorrow. It is free and you can add all the names
you are searching for. they update once a quarter
FRANKOOC: I will drop out and get the email address now.
FRANKOOC: The email address is http://www.rand.org/cgi-bin/Genea/rsl
......happy hunting
FRANKOOC: My grandmother Clara Rhodes married Gustavus Garner of
Houtzdale, PA
FRANKOOC: Bud...Time to go for tonight. It seems later here in
Canada.


FranMP: Looking for any connection to Henry, Emanuel and Susan Rhodes
born in PA
FranMP: Those Rhodes were born in PA in 1809, 1810 and 1823 respectively.
FranMP: Love to help you decipher your PA Rhoads
FranMP: Im interested in the Ebenezer Rhodes, could be a link for me.
I know almost nothing about my Rhodes
FranMP: Anyone out there have any more Rhodes going from PA to IL?
FranMP: My Edwin Henry Cox & Susan Rhodes went to Iowa. Susan died
in Webster Co 1823 Is buried Otho Cem.
FranMP: Halmar, where did your Jacob come from before IL.
FranMP: My Henry Rhodes was married to a Minerva and they are on
the census in Dekalb,IL in 1850.
FranMP: What country(ies) did the Rhodes immigrate from?
FranMP: My Cox line was PA Dutch so possibly my Rhodes were too.
FranMP: Does anyone in this group maintain a data base of the Rhodes
- or is that too big a task?
FranMP: Great! I have had no luck finding my people - somebody out there
must there must have a clue.
FranMP: Ilive in Santa Ana, CA presently. Came here from cold MN 30
years years ago.


GFS bud: Welcome ALL to the first Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads
GFS bud: Reunion of 1997. Particular Welcome to all the new folks
GFS bud: here tonight:)
GFS bud: BAS: I am capturing all the posts for editing and later
GFS bud: transmittal to 125 people on or list:)
GFS bud: CarrolJean: Yes We now have 100 folks on AOL and 25
GFS bud: more on the internet who get all the logs :)
GFS bud: When we call on you give us the earliest Rhoades etc
GFS bud: ancestor you know about and where he or she was
GFS bud: located and about when.
GFS bud: If any of you have info on my Jacob Rhodes b 1749 who
GFS bud: married Rebecca Gilbert b 1755 in Frederick Co MD and
GFS bud: whose Daughter Susanna married my GG Grandpa Jacob
GFS bud: Isenhart you would really make my day:)
GFS bud: DF Griff: I am from Dubuque Iowa
GFS bud: The log of this meeting and any short profiles will be
GFS bud: added to My Web Page. The address is:
GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
GFS bud: Henry Rhoades son Henry Jr. from Bedford Co. Pa died in
Muhlenberg Co. KY in 1814
GFS bud: There is a reunion of the descendants of Capt. Henry
GFS bud: Rhoads in Browder Kty in April :)
GFS bud: A Daryl Lytton has created a World Descendancy Chart
GFS bud: Web Page. He will accept your complete chart and
GFS bud: create an index to access individuals. His Internet
GFS bud: address is: dlytton@primenet.com His web page can be
GFS bud: accessed from mine.
GFS bud: If any of you new people have not sent me a short Direct
GFS bud: Rhoades etc Profile please do so:)
GFS bud: Rhoads Family Reunion in Browder, Muhlenberg Co. KTY on
April 26th
GFS bud: About 50 people ther from all over the country mostly
desc from Capt Henry Rhoads
GFS bud: Capt Henry was son of Henrich Roth Rhoades who died
GFS bud: in 1774 near Ursina in what is now Somerset CO PA
GFS bud: The log of this meeting and any short profiles will be
GFS bud: added to My Web Page. The address is:
GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
GFS bud: Thanks to all for coming tonight:) I will mail the
edited log to all 125 folks on our mailing list. The next meeting will
be on Sunday June 22nd, same time, same place. Good Night from your
host GFS bud (Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.)
GFS bud: Night All


Halmar46: Philip RHODES b: 1827 NC married Eliza? and
Jacob RHOADS married Susan SKAGGS
Halmar46: Richard was Jacob's son
Halmar46: My Jacob Rhoads married Susan SKaggs about 1823 probably
GRAYSON CO., KY
Halmar46: Philip Rhodes born abt 1827 in NC. lived in Smith and
Putnam Co., TN died after 1880
Halmar46: Jacob Rhoads was in Macoupin Co., IL in 1830
Halmar46: Probably Grayson Co., KY
Halmar46: what part and time in KY SKIPPER ?
Halmar46: Doies anybody have a RHODES/ APPLE connection
Halmar46: does anybody have APPLE
Halmar46: Thanks FRAN
Halmar46: JOHN RHODES married Elizabeth Apple in 1823 Guilford
Co., NC
Halmar46: AL1USCAV2... Do you have connections in Guilford Co., NC ?
Halmar46: AL1USCAV2... I think that my Philip was born in Guilford
abt 1827 to JOHN and Elizabeth
Halmar46: I dont know... but would love to find one
Halmar46: I know who yours are.... Did some go into Indiana
Halmar46: AL1USCAV2.....Did some of your NC Rhodes go to INDIANA
Halmar46: TAO ... My great grandmother Sarah Frances Rhodes was
in Fannin C Vo., Tx in 1900
Halmar46: TAO BLAKE... they moved over into Delta County by 1910
Halmar46: Goodnight from Abilene Texas


Jackie z p: George Washington Rhodes m. Martha Turner, Orange Co,
NC in 1831; moved to Cape Girardeau Co, Mo.
kids= Washington Marion and Wm pinkney rhodes
Jackie z p: I have cape girardeau county, in SE missouri
Jackie z p: bud, thank you for e-mail and for the "bingo" ->
a few days after the last chat a 3rd cousin of mine
was reading the transcripts from your home page and
for the connection! :)
Jackie z p: VMcdon: in royal oak, MI (just north of Detroit)
Jackie z p: thanks bud, goodnight!


JGent14: Joseph Adelbert RHODES born abt /
JGent14: Joseph Adelbert RHODES b abt 1791/2 in RI lived in PA
died in IA m Lydia ARNOLD
JGent14: I'm not from Iowa but RHODES spent some time there.
JGent14: BASchroede: Do you have any brothers for your Henry RHOADS?
JGent14: VMcdon3197: I am from Portland, Oregon
JGent14: Niters Bud. We got the entire log and will e-mail it to
you ASAP.
JGent14: Guess it's time to sign off and go check out the moon
and the comet.


Kathi: Thanks bud :) all I have is James Robert Rhoads b. 1855 m.
Sarah Elizabeth MIZELL


Kujen: John Rodes who emigrated to PA in 1684 from Derbyshire England
Kujen: Don't know who he is
Kujen: how about central MO?
Kujen: What is the rand Genealogy page?
Kujen: Franklin, Osage, Gasconade
Kujen: Who is Al rhoads?
Kujen: Please email us the log. My computer froze.
Kujen: Thanks Bud


LazyBev: My 3 rd grgrandfather Jared RHODES had a son James
RHODES b: abt 1835 in Butler Co AL
LazyBev: Jared RHODES b 1792 NC or GA m Martha KING 1815
Warren Co, GA
LazyBev: Any with AL or GA RHODES please email me
LazyBev: Sanford RHODES b: 1825 Butler Co AL m Amanda Robinson
LazyBev: Melvina M RHODES b: 1857 Butler Co AL m Christian S WEST
1878 AL
LazyBev: Louella WEST b:1880 Butler Co AL m Presley C DAWKINS
1901 AL
LazyBev: Jared RHODES c: William, Melinda, Sanford*, Lucinda,
Amanda, James, Lydia, Matilda
LazyBev: Cross No I didn't know about one....please email me info
LazyBev: CJ Perry Zarr said same thing about Dutch
LazyBev: Fran Eng, Germany
LazyBev: AL1 Do you have John and Benjamin RHODES in NC or GA
LazyBev: THere are several partial databases.......I add all I
can find
LazyBev: AL I am looking for father of Jared b 1792 in NC
LazyBev: Jared then went to GA and on to AL where he died 1857
LazyBev: There is a page for AL research also
LazyBev: Butler Co AL had many RHODES families in 1830-1900
LazyBev: CJ was Monroe cut from Butler possibly??
LazyBev: Bud thanks for address for Alabama RHODES
LazyBev: I have found many counties for same ancester, who never
moved County just devided
LazyBev: That is fine........I am home for 2 more weeks...
torn ligaments in my ankle
LazyBev: Can't drive big truck right now\
LazyBev: I have bingoed with 11 cousins since last reunion
LazyBev: CJ yeah no Easter dress this year
LazyBev: CJ look for email from me tomorrow....will add to my
mailing list.........Goodnight
LazyBev: Goodnight BUD


Molly B746: I have Rhodes--Charlottesville, VA.
Molly B746: Anyone with VA Rodes, please e-mail me. the Rhodes
Molly B746: Ablemarle County, Charlottesville, Va Rhodes
around 1870-ish?
Molly B746: Anyone from VA, or researching VA?
Molly B746: Erwin Rhodes, Hamlet, NC; Alexander Rhodes, Athens,
GA; Crdelia Head Rhodes, Charlottesville,VA
Molly B746: Charles Henry Rhodes, VA & TN?
Molly B746: Debbie, I do.
Molly B746: But, diff. sides of family...
Molly B746: yes, we have. Catherine who?
Molly B746: I'll have to look that up & get back to you..time frame?


RosyRhodes: Hi all, Alonzo Donnell Rhodes, b 2 Sept 1824,
Fowler Oh, married Sarah Jane (collette) Lawrence
RosyRhodes: John Rhodes, b 20 March 1747 d 24 June 1819 in OH,
m Hannah Graves b 14 Dec 1752 Guilford, N Havn Cnnc
RosyRhodes: AL1 - Was your Hezekiah's father John?
RosyRhodes: Bud How often do you update the Rhodes web site, sent
a profile several months ago but haven't seen it
RosyRhodes: San Francisco Bay Area


Skipperj: Rhodes in St. Mary's Md.!
Skipperj: Harriett T. Rhodes marries BJ Smith in Ky.
Skipperj: Anyone doing Rhodes in Ky?
Skipperj: Marion Co. Ky abd about 1850's!


Tao Blake2: I have a letter copy from Bonnie Rhoades of Dike Hopkin
Co Texas c 1912 1916 Samuel Solomon
Tao Blake2: Any Rhoades from Bonham Fannin Co Texas or Dike
Hopkin Co Texas per Samuel F Rhoades of Charlottesville
Albemarle Co Va
Tao Blake2: Bonnie Rhodes of Dike Hopkins Co Texas m 1911 Shaw
also branch Bonham Fanin Co texas
Tao Blake2: 1890s Samuel Solomon Rhodes ???Issues Albert Solomon
Albert Rhoades Rhodes of Charlottesville Va Bonham
Fannin Co & Dike Hopkins Co Texas
Tao Blake2: Nighty night forty winks Anyone from Texas Bonham
Fannin Co and Please E mail as signing off now
Bless your genealogy bugs!


VMcdon3197: Anderson Rhodes and Lavina Strange m1806 Halifax VA
on Robert Benjamin Rhodes m Jane Teal
VMcdon3197: Robert Benjamin RHODES and Jane Clemens TEAl UPSHUR
co TX Macon MO Vancouver WA
VMcdon3197: George - Wm-Ellen-Lavina- Robert -Lafayette-TX
VMcdon3197: Lavina RHODES b1849 m Severn ROGERS1867 Macon co
MO lived in MO NE OR
VMcdon3197: where is everyone from?
VMcdon3197: Vancouver WA
VMcdon3197: Thanks Bud
VMcdon3197: goodnite

No comments: