Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION March 23, 200

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION

March 23, 2003

Log by Participant

      

SJandRGR:<~~~~~~ is from Fort Smith, AR
SJandRGR: Hi, Bud
SJandRGR: Yes, I participated time before last, I believe
SJandRGR: My two sons are both retired military.
SJandRGR: One flew F-16 planes, the other was a hospital
administrator for the Army.
SJandRGR: There have been military men in every generation of
ancestors as far back as I know.
SJandRGR: My dad was in the reconnasance(sp?) & flew with the
biplanes - WWI
SJandRGR: He was affected by the mustard gas, and died at age 47.
SJandRGR: We are so very proud of all of them.

SJandRGR: Bud and I were visiting-concerning the war in Iraq.
SJandRGR: and our military relatives and ancestors
SJandRGR: My husband's oldest ancestor was Henry Rhodes, b.1760 in
Buncombe Co., N.C.
SJandRGR: Then Charley b.1794, NC>John Rhodes b. 1824, Tenn.
Riley Ransom Rhodes b. 1843 Stone Co., MO>John Wright
Rhodes b.
SJandRGR: repeating: Henry Rhodes b. 1760 in Buncombe Co., N.C.
SJandRGR: Bud, I live in Fort Smith, ARkansas
andRGR: Those named John Rhodes are hard to identify-seems like there
were many.
SJandRGR: Iowa is beautiful country. My aunt lived at Davenport.
SJandRGR: Henry Rhodes, Buncombe Co., NC 1760-18??
SJandRGR: I visited Black Hawk College while with my aunt.
She was in the Royal Neighbors Home near the River.
SJandRGR: We can't get farther back than our Henry in N.C. 1700's
SJandRGR: oh, yes, very interesting. Thanks for asking.
SJandRGR: Just can't see any connections-
SJandRGR: It's a common name in our area.
SJandRGR: yes
SJandRGR: Hello, Jgrhodes621
SJandRGR: Bates, Bennett, Brannan, Bright, Jones, Mannahan,
Purtle, Rhodes, Savage, Stout, Tennery, Thomas,
Wooten
SJandRGR: Thanks, Bud, for your time and effort. It's been fun!

GRhodes259: I am in Virginia
GRhodes259: any other Rhodes on line tonigh to discuss family trees?
GRhodes259: ok
GRhodes259: my Rhodes are from the Philadelphia area I can get
back to 1838
GRhodes259: but was born in philadelphia
GRhodes259: say one of the chats you had on line and one person
had a screen name of tiredemt I though he migh be
related from what he said on line
GRhodes259: My grandfather was a John Rhodes
GRhodes259: Zahariah Rhodes, Philadelphia, Pa 1849
GRhodes259: Samuel Rhoads was the mayor of philadelphia in
the 1770's he was born in 1711
GRhodes259: All my Rhodes' have been from philley so far but I
know there are a lot from the couth NC and GA
GRhodes259: south that is
GRhodes259: Hi JGrgodes
GRhodes259: same as my earliest
GRhodes259: No philley clan
GRhodes259: yea thats as far back as we got
grhodes621: hi finally got into the chat

Jgrhodes621<~~~~~~~ is from Richmond VZ.
Jgrhodes621: I am related to Grhodes259 so he might have told you all
Jgrhodes621: Zachariah Rhodes is the earliest
Jgrhodes621: from philadelphia pa, born circa 1850
Jgrhodes621: I don't think, every rhodes I have found is philly
Jgrhodes621: and hit a road block with Zachariah Rhodes
Jgrhodes621: I am also looking for a person that was in one of
these chats earlier (2 years ago) who went by tiredemt
Jgrhodes621: if anyone knows of a tiredemt, we are related
Jgrhodes621: that would be great
Jgrhodes621: I am from Virginia, my father (GRhodes259) is from
Philly, PA
Jgrhodes621: I grew up in northern va (fairfax) but now live in richmond
Jgrhodes621: I am not married yet, no kids, but only 26 years old
Jgrhodes621: wow, my father and I began study our familiy history
about 3 monthes ago
Jgrhodes621: someone in our family was 1 of 14 or so children
Jgrhodes621: I am a web developer, I actually work for the
university of north carolina but I live in richmond
Jgrhodes621: we have been trying to get up to philly to do some
more research, we have really hit a deadend and
can't find much more on the internet etc.
Jgrhodes621: Rhodes/Stewart/Degen/Norbeck/Hess/
Jgrhodes621: yes I have visited your web site a couple times,
that is how I originally found out about these chats
Jgrhodes621: I went back and looked through the logs and found a
person (tiredemt) that is looking for information
about people that I am looking for info about
Jgrhodes621: the log was from 96 so I guess the chances of finding
him/her are pretty slim
Jgrhodes621: that would be great, can I email you the info
Jgrhodes621: i will stay around for awhille
Jgrhodes621: thanks I am going to take off also

DJAMIE98:<~~~~~ located in the Seattle, WA, area.
DJAMIE98: Hi, Bud, I remembered. How's the chat going?
DJAMIE98: My earliest known Rhodes/Rhoades ancestor is Otho
Rhodes. Born 1840 in Morgantown, then VA.
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes appears in Burlington, Iowa, around 1860,
maybe earlier. He served with an Illinois regiment
in the Civil War.
DJAMIE98: Otho Rhodes is my great grandfather. He married in
Burlington, Iowa, and that's where my Rhoades
grandfather was born in 1870.

DJAMIE98: Otho had a second and a third marriage, and he died
in Arkansas around 1925.
DJAMIE98: Part of this family is in Alva, OK, the descendants
of my grandfather's brother, William Burk Rhodes.

DJAMIE98: Otho is quite an interesting ancestor. In all of his
Civil War papers, so far we have never found either
of his parents' names.
DJAMIE98: I believe I'll close for now. Again, thanks for
arranging this place for us to chat. Dean Jamieson
HOST GFS bud: Hi SJ
HOST GFS bud: hAVE YOUBEEN HERE BEFORE ?
HOST GFS bud: hOPE WE HAVE A GOOD BUNCH TONIGHT
HOST GFS bud: wHERE ARE YOU LOCated?
HOST GFS bud: I suppose we will have a lot of people watching the
war on the TV
HOST GFS bud: Are you involved in the military ?
HOST GFS bud: I was at Iwo and Okinawa landings inWWII
HOST GFS bud: My oldest son was in the VietNam affair
HOST GFS bud: And my oldest grandson was in Desert Storm
HOST GFS bud: Hi GRhodes
HOST GFS bud: GR: I sure expect more
HOST GFS bud: We will wait a bit for the late comers before we get
into any formal discussions[]
HOST GFS bud: I am descended from a Henry Roth/Rhoades who was
in Md and PA in the 1700rds
HOST GFS bud: GR Where are you located ?
HOST GFS bud: SJ is in Fort Snith AK
HOST GFS bud: GR: Do you know that a Rhodes was once the Mayor
of Philly ?
HOST GFS bud: I think it was very early (like the early 1800rds)
HOST GFS bud: SJ : Right you are
HOST GFS bud: <~~~~ is in Dubuque, IA on the mighty Mississippi

HOST GFS bud: Post your earliest Rhodes ancestor for the log ===
like this
HOST GFS bud: HEINREEK RHOADES, Frederick Co, Md and Bedford
Co PA in 1700rds.

HOST GFS bud: SJ: I went to St Ambrose College in Davenport for two
years after wwII
HOST GFS bud: GR: My wife and I did researh in Philly some
years ago and i remembered that

HOST GFS bud: Have you both accessed my Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page ?
HOST GFS bud: With the Rhodes etc on the Internet (not on AOL) The
log goers out to almost 300 people

HOST GFS bud: The Rhodes were prolific and spread all over the
country

HOST GFS bud: . Visit my Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads web page at
HOST GFS bud: http://members.aol.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm to view
past reunion logs.

HOST GFS bud: Do you both subscribe to the Rhodes List on Roots Web?
HOST GFS bud: Hi Jg


HOST GFS bud: On the RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS
HOST GFS bud: page you will find instructions to subscribe
HOST GFS bud: to the Rhodes List Server where you can
HOST GFS bud: leave queries and questions for all Rhodes
HOST GFS bud: Researchers on that list and receive all the
HOST GFS bud: messages posted to that list.

HOST GFS bud: Jg: Who was the earliest Rhodes ancestor and where
was he or she located?
HOST GFS bud: You guys are the NC Rhodes Clan ?
HOST GFS bud: Or both Philly ?
HOST GFS bud: My wife and I did some research in Mannheim in Germany
where the Roths were supposed to have originated but
had no luck there
HOST GFS bud: JG: I will do some research in my files and see if
Ican find him or her
HOST GFS bud: JG: Where do you hail from ?
HOST GFS bud: <~~~ is in Dubuque IA
HOST GFS bud: WE DID OUR SHARE, wE HAVE 5 SONS AND 2 DAUGHTERS
HOST GFS bud: i WAS IN NORFOLK AND NEWPORT NEWS IN THE 1940S IN WWii
HOST GFS bud: we have 15 grand children and 4 greats with 2 more on
the way
HOST GFS bud: Jg: What do you do for a livin, or are you in College ?
HOST GFS bud: We have been at it for almost 20 years, It took us to
Germany 5 times and to Ireland twice. A lot of fun
when you get the time and can do it

HOST GFS bud: Why don't we post the names we are researchin like so
HOST GFS bud: When we ask for a ROLLCALL, send us your list of
surnames you are researching like so: ISENHART, RHODES,
GILBERT, WINTER, OTTINGER, JOSI,
SCHRIVER, DUFFY, MCGINTY, DRISCOLL, DONOVAN, BUCKLEY,
CATIGAN, BURKE
HOST GFS bud: ROLLCALL
HOST GFS bud: JG: Have you accessed my web page ?

HOST GFS bud: Here is an example of a shor direct line profile.
If I have not placed one for you on my Web Page I
would be glad to do so
HOST GFS bud: Sample Direct line Profile
HOST GFS bud: George and Armakella Rhoades (He died
HOST GFS bud: in 1814 on way to Ohio)
HOST GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades1781-1853 Bedford Co.,
HOST GFS bud: PA and Montgomery Co., OH
HOST GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades 1805-1882 Bedford
HOST GFS bud: Co. PA and Montgomery Co., OH
HOST GFS bud: Hiram Rhoades 1838-1913
HOST GFS bud: Montgomery and Darke Cos. Ohio


HOST GFS bud: Jesse Rhoades 1881-1948 Darke
HOST GFS bud: Co., Ohio
HOST GFS bud: Chalmer Rhoades 1905-1990
HOST GFS bud: Darle Co. Ohio
HOST GFS bud: Gerald Rhoades <---------me

HOST GFS bud: I am having eye trouble so I do not know how much
longer I will be ableto do these reunions. I hope
I can find someone to carry on if it gets too hard
for me
HOST GFS bud: I think the WAR hurt the attendence tonight, I
appreciate you coming
HOST GFS bud: Thanks for coming tonight[] The log will
HOST GFS bud: be sent out shortly. The next On Line
HOST GFS bud: meeting will be on Sunday, June 29, 2003
HOST GFS bud: . Hope to see you there.
HOST GFS bud: Regards, HOST
HOST GFS bud: GFS bud. (Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.)
HOST GFS bud: and BUDI@AOL.com
HOST GFS bud: Hi DJ: I will send you the log. We are just ready
to sign off
HOST GFS bud: GR and Jg are father and sonwith roots in Filly.
Mabe you can chat with them for a bit
HOST GFS bud: Dean: Where are you located ?
HOST GFS bud: Tell us for the record where your earliest
ancestor was, his name and about when he was in the US
HOST GFS bud: Jg is in Richmond VA
HOST GFS bud: Dean: One of my clan owned land in SE IA in the
1830s but I am not sure he lived there. His name
was Daniel Rhodes. Daniel died in 1835 in Edgar Co
IL. One of his sons,Thomas, went west with Brigham
Young in 1847
HOST GFS bud: Dean: I don't haver any info on your Ortho
HOST GFS bud: My 4th Great Grandfather was Henry
HOST GFS bud: Roth/Rhoades who owned land in
HOST GFS bud: Frederick CO MD. He went to what was
HOST GFS bud: then Bedford Co PA in 1763, He died in
HOST GFS bud: 1774 in whar is now Stony Creek TWP
HOST GFS bud: in Somerset Co PA. Right near
HOST GFS bud: Shanksville where the terrist plane
HOST GFS bud: went down.
HOST GFS bud: Thanks for coming GR: Nice to meet your son.
Hope we meet again in June and that we have more
folks to chat with
HOST GFS bud: Good night


No comments: