Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION September 29, 2002

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS REUNION

September 29, 2002

Log by Participant

LARRY MARYLUCAS1: Thanks, Doubt that I will have any luck with my inquiry tho.
LARRY MARYLUCAS1: I am a member of the Mississippi Vietnam Veterans memorial Committee and we are trying to locate pictures of all the Mississippi sons who died in Vietnam.
LARRY MARYLUCAS1: If you run across any Rhodes/Roads folks with Mississippi roots please give them my e-address.
LARRY MARYLUCAS1: Thanks, Goodnight.


Laura1853:
I am descended from Catharine Rhodes and David Kinsey
Laura1853: Just my Catharine Rhodes and she was born and married in PA
Laura1853: Her husband David Kinsey lived from approx. 1801-1870 but I don't have dates for Catharine, his wife
Laura1853: I guess I should look at earlier census records and try to see who Catharine's parents were
Laura1853: I live in PA. Some of my family lines I've been able to trace back to 1600's but not other lines
Laura1853: I live in PA, pretty close to Lancaster, PA (The Amish area)
Laura1853: I have a friend who bought land out in Bedford. It's about 4 hours or more from here.
Laura1853: No I don't even know that. I do know that their son Henry Kinsey married Harriet Sprecher from Dauphin Co. PA though
Laura1853: I was wondering about the Cloister myself...since I saw Rhoades were there before
Laura1853: Were all your Rhoades family members from Bedford?
Laura1853: Bedford CO? Or Bedford PA?
Laura1853: Oh, sorry...I didn't know you meant Bedford County! I thought you meant Colorado at first
Laura1853: Oh, really? Near Shanksville?
Laura1853: Are there usually more people in this chat?
Laura1853: My Catharine Rhodes Kinsey named her son Henry Kinsey. I often wonder if they used to name kids after uncles?
Laura1853: Do you know the names of any of your Henry Roth/Rhoades siblings?
Laura1853: oh,really, I didn't know that!
Laura1853: What years did your Henry Roth/Rhoades live?
Laura1853: Did your Henry live in the 1700 or 1800's?
Laura1853: I think Dauphin, Lancaster and Lebanon Counties used to all be one, years ago
Laura1853: From the census I have (1880), Henry Kinsey (son of Catharine Rhodes and David Kinsey) lived in Dauphin
Laura1853: I don't know how far Dauphin Co. is from Bedford Co. though
Laura1853: As far as I know they stayed in PA
Laura1853: Really? Do you have any dates for that Catherine?
Laura1853: The Catherine I have was married to David Kinsey and he lived 1801-1870 so guess it's not the right Catherine?
Laura1853: Oh, well, it was too good to be true..LOL
Laura1853: well, I have to say goodnight. I'll be back next time. Thanks!

_
HOST GFS bud: Laura1853 You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads
HOST GFS bud: Family Reunion. You are welcome to stay_
HOST GFS bud: Not many Rhoades folk around tonight _
HOST GFS bud: Are You a Rhoades descendant ?
HOST GFS bud: Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads etc.
HOST GFS bud: Who was the ealiest Rhodes you know about and where was he or she located ?
HOST GFS bud: Do you know when ?
HOST GFS bud: My Roth/Rhoades/Rhodes were in Bedford Co PA in the 1700rds
HOST GFS bud: My GGG Grand father was a Jacob Rhodes who died in 1794 in what is now Sonerset Co PA
HOST GFS bud: Whare are you callin in from Laura ?
<~~~~ is in Dubuaue, IA on the Mississippi
HOST GFS bud: Do you know what County in PA Cathy was born and married in?
HOST GFS bud: My wife and I researched in Lancaster a few years ago. Our
HOST GFS bud: Rhoades was connected to the Cloister at Ephreata
HOST GFS bud: Our Roth/Rhoades/Rhades fold were in Frederick Vo MD until
HOST GFS bud: 1763 when they moved to Bedford CO
HOST GFS bud: The original Rorh/Rhoades was a Brethren preacher, The
HOST GFS bud: area they moved to was right near where the hijacked flight
HOST GFS bud: went down near Shanksville
HOST GFS bud: Yes, Henry Roth/Rhoades had a farm in Stony Creek TWP in what is now Somerset Co PA
HOST GFS bud: I don't know where everyone is tonight. Tes we usually get at least 10
HOST GFS bud: The first male was generall named after the mothers father
HOST GFS bud: Yes. Henry Jr, Daniel, Johnathon, Jacob, Barbara, to name a few
HOST GFS bud: Henry died in 1774 and is buried on his farm in Stony Creek TWP north from Berlin PA.
HOST GFS bud: The bell from his Brethren Meeting house is in the Brethren
HOST GFS bud: Church yard in Brotherton PA near Berlin PA
HOST GFS bud: I think you are right, perhaps all were part of Cumberland or
HOST GFS bud: Chester, I don;t recall which
HOST GFS bud: Did David and Cathrne stay in PA ?
HOST GFS bud: Laura: I just checked, Henry Jr had a daughter namee Catherine
HOST GFS bud: She was born 19 June 1768 near Scullyhill River
HOST GFS bud: She married a Christopher Jackson Feb 13, 1790 Don't look like yours
HOST GFS bud: LARRY MARYLUCAS1 You are in the quarterly
HOST GFS bud: Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family Reunion. You are welcome to
HOST GFS bud: stay_
HOST GFS bud: Laura: I don't find any other Cathrines --- SORRY
HOST GFS bud: Night Laura. Thanks for comming
HOST GFS bud: Who are you researchin Larry ?
HOST GFS bud: Do you have Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads folk ?
HOST GFS bud: Sorry: I am a WWII vet of Iwo Jima and Okinawa
HOST GFS bud: Will do Larry_
HOST GFS bud: Night _
HOST GFS bud: Thanks for coming tonight:) The log will be sent out shortly. The
HOST GFS bud: next On Line meeting will be on Sunday, Dec. 22 2002 . Hope to
HOST GFS bud: see you there.
HOST GFS bud: Regards, HOST GFS bud.
HOST GFS bud: (Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.)
HOST GFS bud: and BUDI@AOL.com

No comments: