Friday, October 17, 2008

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS Reunion June 27th, 1999

RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS Reunion June 27th, 1999 Log by Participant

Dusti Gen: Hi Bud. Is it just the two of us?
Dusti Gen: I was sent some info about some RHODES who moved from OH to IN. Do you want me to send it?
Dusti Gen: This is the first time I remembered --- almost forgot even tho I had the sheet taped above the monitor.
Dusti Gen: Your late
Dusti Gen: I'm looking for Michael RHODES b. 1812 in PA
Dusti Gen: Michael RHODES b. 1812 in PA married Mary NISS b. 29 Dec 1818 possibly in Lancaster Co PA
Dusti Gen: I recently saw a spelling RHOUDS
Dusti Gen: Is this where the Lancaster Co PA line slipped back & forth between PA & MD
Dusti Gen: I'm in Boston Mass
Dusti Gen: Access to all those old New England RHODES and vital records
Dusti Gen: Does anyone have any information on a Monroe RHODES in IN? Drats! can't find the census
Dusti Gen: Late 1800s.
Dusti Gen: Fulton or Kosciusko County, IN
Dusti Gen: I think I did a year or so ago.
Dusti Gen: Shall I resend it?
Dusti Gen: My half brother told me our father's middle name was for a RHOADS relative. Middle name is Monroe
Dusti Gen: Do you want any of the siblings in the direct line?
Dusti Gen: Looking over census abstracts 1880 in IN, there was a Frederick RHOADES b. PA c 1821
Dusti Gen: Jacob RHOADS b. PA 1825 & wife Rosetta b 1840 OH
Dusti Gen: That's great! I just hooked up w/cousin in Australia on my mother's side. She has a cousin
Dusti Gen: here in Boston from same relative!
Dusti Gen: Will do.
Dusti Gen: And a safe summer to all.:)

DTGilesJr: Is this the RHODES group/ I have been trying to find for over 50 min.
DTGilesJr: I have RHODES kin Butler Co.,Ala.
DTGilesJr: This the first time I have received anything on screen.
DTGilesJr: What? My gr. grandfather was Sanford RHODES
DTGilesJr: NO RHODES tonight?
DTGilesJr: What do you want?

Fredsbike: Well actually my wife is a Roth offspring!
Fredsbike: I have not heard of any Rhodes in this family.
Fredsbike: What year?
Fredsbike: Our ancestor came to the US from Alsace about 1835
Fredsbike: We are positive of the time period not the year.
Fredsbike: My wife is also from Peter's family
Fredsbike: Charles is on our family pedigree charts
Fredsbike: Must go need to do some work for the family.

GFS Nance: Hi All
GFS Nance: Have Bair, Cable and Roth there in Somerset
GFS Nance: We used to have a Governor in Ohio 20 years ago with last name of Rhodes
GFS Nance: All of you are welcome to visit our Midwest States Chat on Mondays from 10-11 pm in Ancestral Digs room.
GFS Nance: Bud, this is my Roth cousin Fred
GFS Nance: He went to see our Roth home area
GFS Nance: we wanted to find out how Roth became Rhodes?
GFS Nance: He is descended from Peter Cripliver Roth
GFS Nance: so she and charles would be pretty close
GFS Nance: oh wow
GFS Nance: ok, see you later
GFS Nance: Well Bud, I need to go. This humidity is killing me
GFS Nance: Ok, will take a nap so I dont fall asleep at 9

KBailey252: Lo there--
KBailey252: Is it time or am I early?
KBailey252: Hi Nance
KBailey252: Christopher Rhodes, Rockbridge County. VA
KBailey252: Sara T Rhodes, b. 1814, VA (probably Rockbridge)
m. James H Bailey, 1832, Botetourt VA
KBailey252: Dau, Christopher Rhodes, probably Rockbridge

Kinklector: Bud--yes.
Kinklector: Kinklector = GFS CheriM
Kinklector: Anyone looking for Absolom Rhodes who died in MO in 1865?
Kinklector: He was born in AL in 1815
Kinklector: OK. I'll catch you all later. Bye!

LaFineD: Henry Rhoads, Sr. 1708 Germany
LaFineD: That is info I got from Kermit Rhoads
LaFineD: We are expecting a new Rhoads this month so we had to keep vacation till then.
LaFineD: How did the Reunion Go!

Mwagnergen: Henry Rhoades, Westmoreland Co, Pennsylvania
Mwagnergen: Henry Rhodes, came from Bucks County PA to Westmoreland Co PA with daughter who had married Joseph Smith

Uapansy: Are there any N.C. Rhodes on here
Uapansy: Yes
Uapansy: I am searching the ancestors of my 3 great grandfather Joseph Edward Rhodes, North Carolina
Uapansy: He was born Jan. 9, 1775
Uapansy: Joseph Edward Rhodes, Jan. 9, 1775, Sampson or Johnston Counties N.C.
Uapansy: My Joseph Edward Rhodes was married to Sarah Beck. Her family came from Kent Co. Md.
Uapansy: Should I be looking in Md. or Penn. for him
Uapansy: Yes and I found out about the reunion
Uapansy: This has been interesting but I have to go

GFS bud: Hi Dusti: My friends are LATE
GFS bud: I thought we would have a good gathering tonight. Have you been here before ?
GFS bud: Dusti: E-Mail it to me at GFS bud or BUDI
GFS bud: Here comes the help
GFS bud: Welcome ALL to the second RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS
reunion of 1999
GFS bud: We are in the fourth year of these meetings on line and I hope
GFS bud: they have been of some help:)
GFS bud: I am logging the chat and will edit it and send it to several
GFS bud: hundred other RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS researchers on
GFS bud: AOL and on the Internet who could not be here. Please IM me
GFS bud: at GFS bud if you are also logging.
GFS bud: We will wait a bit for the late comers before we get into any formal discussions
GFS bud: Like to introduce GFS Nance. She is from Ohio and hosts the
GFS bud: midwestrern Genealogy chat with us every Monday night at
GFS bud: this same time in the Ancestral Digs Meeting room. Nance has
GFS bud: roots in the Bedford/Somerset Co areas of PA like many of our
GFS bud: Rhoades etc folk :) Say hi the Nance
GFS bud: We started these reunions 3 1/2 years ago being one of the
GFS bud: first three reunions on AOL. Visit my web page at
GFS bud: http://members.aol.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm to view past
GFS bud: reunion logs.
GFS bud: Uapansy: First time here ??
GFS bud: Welcome to the Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Reunion on line.
GFS bud: Tell us who you are researchin
GFS bud: In a few minutes we will ask that that you hold your comments
GFS bud: while each one tells us where they are from and who their
GFS bud: oldest known ancestor was and where THEY were located and
GFS bud: about when:) Let me call on you in turn when we start that.
GFS bud: OK Give us you oldest ancestor and where they were ~
GFS bud: Dusti
GFS bud: KBail
GFS bud: LaFine ?
GFS bud: Mwagner
GFS bud: HEINREEK RHOADES, Frederick Co, Md and Bedford Co
GFS bud: PA in 1700rds. I am in Dubuque, Iowa
GFS bud: You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family
GFS bud: Reunion.
GFS bud: Fred: Do you have Rhoades folk ?
GFS bud: LaFine and my Henry Rhoades Sr was a ROTH when in Md
GFS bud: Fredsbike : about 1780
GFS bud: Dusti: Where are you located ?
GFS bud: You must get to the Gen Society in Somerset Co.
GFS bud: They have a lot of info on the two or three lines of
GFS bud: Rhoades in Sw Pa in the 1700rds.
GFS bud: UApansy: Have you visited my web page yet ??
GFS bud: Night Fred
GFS bud: Also on RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS page you will find
GFS bud: instructions to subscribe to the Rhodes List Server where you
GFS bud: can leave queries and questions for all on that list and receive
GFS bud: all the messages posted to that list.
GFS bud: Good night Nance See you tomorrow on the Nidwestern Chat
GFS bud: Kinklector: Haven't you been here before?
GFS bud: Cheri: You helped me out several timesL) Tell us again who you descend from
GFS bud: My Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page URL is
GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
GFS bud: The log willl be up loaded to that page. Look at the Search files
GFS bud: from that page for possible matches.
GFS bud: Send me a direct line profile of your Rhoades etc ancestry and
GFS bud: I will add it to the files.
GFS bud: Night Cheri
GFS bud: Night UA:
GFS bud: Dusti: What time period ???
GFS bud: Dusti: I had some Irish ancestors in Jennings Co IN in that time period
GFS bud: Dusti: Have you sent me a direct line profile yet for the web page ??
GFS bud: Please do and I will post it if it is not there.
GFS bud: Dusti; That is ok
GFS bud: LaFine: Missed you at the Browder Reunion this year
GFS bud: Great !! Bring up the web page and link to
GFS bud: pictures of all the Rhoads folk at the Browder KY
GFS bud: Reunion in April
GFS bud: We had a nice crowd, even some families from CA
GFS bud: and WA from Capt Henry's brother's Daniels line
GFS bud: that went west with the mormons
GFS bud: You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family
GFS bud: DT I thought I saw you come in and out a couple of times
GFS bud: DTGuiles: Have you sent me a direct line profile for the wep page yet ??
GFS bud: My Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Web page URL is
GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.htm
GFS bud: The log willl be up loaded to that page. Look at the Search files
GFS bud: from that page for possible matches.
GFS bud: Send me a direct line profile of your Rhoades etc ancestry and
GFS bud: I will add it to the files.
GFS bud: From the Web Page
GFS bud: http://members.AOL.com/BUDI/Rhoades.html you can link to
GFS bud: Daryl Leyton's World Descendancy Charts. Dayrl will add
GFS bud: yours to his web page if you like.
GFS bud: Also on RHOADES/RHODES/RHOADS page you will find
GFS bud: instructions to subscribe to the Rhodes List Server where you
GFS bud: can leave queries and questions for all on that list and receive
GFS bud: all the messages posted to that list.
GFS bud: Hi Olsaltusa
GFS bud: You are in the quarterly Rhoades/Rhodes/Rhoads Family
GFS bud: Reunion.
GFS bud: Dusti LaFine is a cousin I met here about two
GFS bud: years ago and met in person later at a Rhoads
GFS bud: Reunion in KY
GFS bud: Dusti and DT: E-Mail me your profiles and I will
GFS bud: make sure I have them on the Web Page. BUDI or
GFS bud: GFS bud will get them to me
GFS bud: Here is a real short direct line sent to me but I will
GFS bud: take any thing you would like me to post:
GFS bud: Sample Direct line Profile
GFS bud: George and Armakella Rhoades (He died in 1814 on way to Ohio)
GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades1781-1853 Bedford Co., PA and Montgomery Co., OH
GFS bud: Jacob Rhoades 1805-1882 Bedford Co. PA and Montgomery Co., OH
GFS bud: Hiram Rhoades 1838-1913 Montgomery and Darke Cos. Ohio
GFS bud: Jesse Rhoades 1881-1948 Darke Co., Ohio
GFS bud: Chalmer Rhoades 1905-1990 Darle Co. Ohio
GFS bud: Gerald Rhoades <---------me
GFS bud: If you want to include siblings I would post those too
GFS bud: DT: E-Mail me the info at BUDI or GFS bud
GFS bud: DT: Rhodes J. Isenhart, 8908 Quail Ridge Court,
GFS bud: Dubuque, IA 52003-9272. If you e-Mail it I wont
GFS bud: have to type it into the page.
GFS bud: Thanks for coming tonight:) The log will be sent out shortly.
GFS bud: The next On Line meeting will be on Sunday, Sept 26th, 1999,
GFS bud: at 10:00 EST in this Family Reunion Conference Room.
GFS bud: Have a GREAT SUMMER !!!!!!! Regards, GFS bud.
GFS bud: (Rhodes J. Isenhart Jr.)
GFS bud: We will have more folks here in Sept
GFS bud: Good Night

No comments: